News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Fall 2010 (Real/no troll)

Started by SaMo, August 19, 2010, 09:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laplacian

PS:
Twelve Kingdom novels?
Definetely have to check that out.

Yeah they're being released by Tokyopop. The last one released was the story where Yoko goes undercover and fights with the rebel army, the same as the anime story. So it wont take too long till we get new content now.

The novels are a great read, even the stories which at first don't really pique my interest tend to keep me hooked till I'm done with it, a defo recommendation.

Pezzy

Some people, like that person up there, can't take a liking to anything. Their reasons vary, but saying stuff like, it's so predictable, it's so unbelievable, I feel those are excuses. Anime is technically cartoon animation, with various storylines. If you want unpredictable stuff go out and live your life.

I'm the person up there, and I take a liking to a great many things.  Maybe what I said came out differently than I wanted it to.  To me, it seems that animes lately have been scaling back on the good plot lines and characters and making up for it with fan-servicing.

Now, I'm not knocking the practice.  They need to cater to what the public wants, and Japan really loves their fan-servicing.  I just think that maybe my tastes have changed as I've grown older.  I remember the first time I watched Rah Xephon and Saikano how much I loved them.  There were a number of other older titles that I enjoyed as well (I'd have to go find my old hk dvd collection to name them).

I saw a random comment on another board about Yosuga no Sora that made me decide to give it a try.  It looks like it might be good like Koi Kaze was (who doesn't love plots like that one).

Jaooooo~

I've picked up Panty and Stocking, Yosuga no Sora, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai and Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

I'm enjoying this season a lot more than I thought I would.
ze!

sazabi

the ending scene to the first episode of yosuga no sora was an eye-opener to say the least

Jaooooo~

Yeah, and then the omake nearly ruined the whole episode for me.

So I'm going to go and pretend that didn't happen.
ze!

sazabi

yeh that omake, just what on earth was that...

laplacian

@Pezzy:

I can't reply to you're private message, I guess it's because your name is in capital letters ( or I'm too stupid for it ~~ ). At least I get the message "Unable to find member 'pezzy'." non stop.
So I'll answer it here.

Hey.  Quick question for you - are there any online sites hosting Twelve Kingdoms?  I knew about the books a few years ago, but never knew that they were being translated.

Thanks!

I bought mine, so I never really looked for any ebooks.

You'll have to search for em by yourself =/ Though that stuff is kind of niche, and the books are big, too. So the chances aint too high it got leaked tbh.

Kureha

he needs a reset, I have a post regarding it.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Pezzy

Thanks for the reminder.  I read the post about it before, but never really expected to use pm's.

Slightly back on topic - after watching Yosuga no Sora (agree with opinions on the omake), I'm going to give the game a try.

Jaooooo~

In other news, MM!'s second episode made the jump from 'Cute ecchi I'm embarressed about watching' to 'Sweet comedy I want more of'.
ze!

Green_Tea

Jaooooo~

Is a light novel series.

Main character is a masochist, he goes to the school help society to ask for help curing his masochism. Head of society turns out to be an absolute sadist who is dedicated to try to cure his masochism by any means necessary. Including beating him half to death.

Also has a trap and a androphobe, so parallels to Working!! are inevitable.
ze!

Green_Tea

sazabi

there is also a manga version, only a few chapters scanned so far

invictus

Emu Emu being the manga... for MM... they transliterated it differently...

In any case, I rather like the new anime by bones... probably cuz of the kiss not minding the glass line that I personally find hilarious.