News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

One Piece, Bleach, Naruto/Naruto Shippuden which is better?

Started by Zyibis, May 11, 2010, 02:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zyibis

I'm curious as to what you all think about these three manga/animes. Please say why you like them and which you like better, the manga or the anime.

As for me, I seemed to have taking a liking to the One Piece anime since it doesn't have any pointless fillers like Bleach and Naruto have. As for the manga I would say Bleach but I think it is mainly due to all the time I have put into reading it. Haven't really read Naruto or One Piece.

JCuz

For me my favorite manga is One Piece mostly because of Luffy. He's freakin hillarious but can be serious when it counts.

blakraven66

Bleach and Naruto sucked after their second-third arc. Dropped it there and never looked back. One piece is too far along for me to start now.

Green_Tea

I'm a OP fan. It hasn't taken itself seriously like Naruto or Bleach has since they got famous. It's got humility, I think.

inferno_flamex

Im gonna receive some bad rap for saying this i guess..

.. ... ... but i just cant hold it in anymore.

They all s-.. Uhh... Well. lets just say that all of them.. after ep 100.. kinda... well.. they all became stale. >_>

Kureha

I don't usually watch anything numbering in the hundereds of episodes because it's like.. you know, filler, going in circles and loosing it's original objective.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

inferno_flamex

I don't usually watch anything numbering in the hundereds of episodes because it's like.. you know, filler, going in circles and loosing it's original objective.

Agreed.. I wont deny that they have some good routes...

Like the 'save rukia' route in bleach.. Oh gawd.. that route was AWESOME..
But yeah.. Like Kureha said.. when the anime reaches 3digits... It gets way too out of hand..

Hell.. You could take Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X in US)... THAT was an impressive anime. just AWESOME... But after about the 100 episode, it gets boring... Still good, doubt there were fillers thats why... But still getting less intense compared to when it just started.

Green_Tea

That's also why I though the OP manga was good. I mean I don't watch the big three anime, only seasonals and stuff, so I dunno how One Piece is on animation, but the manga didn't lose steam. It is just so constant and funny.

Maybe that's why I could read it twice. Like Hajime no Ippo. I like the feeling of not ending.

Mana

Naruto tries to copy every single action manga out there and fails at it, Bleach is trying too hard to be Saint Seiya with swords instead of armours and I barely know One Piece, but from what I've read about it, it seems to keep going at it's own pace without trying to be something else.

Regarding stuff with more than one hundred episodes, it isn't hard to do it right. They have to start with a universe that has room for expansion, and then do it like Tomino. Kill 75~99% of the entire cast and retire most of the survivors, that while he makes the main character go mad, or sacrifice himself while he stops an asteroid from falling on Earth with his bare hands.

blakraven66

Naruto tries to copy every single action manga out there and fails at it, Bleach is trying too hard to be Saint Seiya with swords instead of armours and I barely know One Piece, but from what I've read about it, it seems to keep going at it's own pace without trying to be something else.

Regarding stuff with more than one hundred episodes, it isn't hard to do it right. They have to start with a universe that has room for expansion, and then do it like Tomino. Kill 75~99% of the entire cast and retire most of the survivors, that while he makes the main character go mad, or sacrifice himself while he stops an asteroid from falling on Earth with his bare hands.
YEAH!!! Memories of watching Densetsu Kyojin Ideon~

Mana

YEAH!!! Memories of watching Densetsu Kyojin Ideon~

That wasn't an universe with room for expansion, that was a whole Big Bang with 100% death ratio. lol

Seires

I think that One Piece is the best out of the three, although the new storyline arc is starting off slow

Green_Tea

Yeah. I'm still a OP fan. Maybe because there's a "definite end" to it, when Luffy becomes the Pirate King.

But yeah. It feels like naruto and bleach are just trying to leech money.

mahou

OP is superior to Naruto and Bleach in every aspect, characters, story, battles, pacing, build up. And they don't waste time on 'training' arcs, they just had a time skip with everyone's training well implied and any explaining that will be needed will be spread during the story as it comes up. Also there isn't any contradictions between 'power levels' either, looking at bleach and naruto's inconsistency of protag vs 'stronger opponents' and other characters. It's clear who's at the top in OP and the difference between the straw hat crew, which gave reason for the whole time skip, after looking at 'haki' which happened to be used by a lot of Luffy's opponents it's a wonder how he got as far as he has, another thing that makes it great. The BS in bleach and naruto doesn't exist in OP the end.

Jaooooo~

I sort of still like the Naruto manga, although it's been going consistently down in both art and story quality for the last few years.

The big thing being where it began changing from a character-centric series to a plotcentric series. Reminiscent of why Kingdom Hearts is better than Kingdom Hearts 2.
ze!