News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[VN][Dating Sim] Shira Oka: Second Chances

Started by Mana, January 23, 2011, 06:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yossarian762

Has that guy actually played a VN before or are all the "dating sims" he's played just flash games on newgrounds? It's like, "OH MY GOD, THERE'S LIKE, A STORY, AND CHARACTERS, WITH CHARACTERIZATION! AND IT'S SET IN SCHOOL! I WENT TO SCHOOL SO I CAN RELATE! THIS IS AMAZING. SOMETIMES MY MISTAKEN CHOICES EVEN HAVE CONSEQUENCES HOLY SHIT"

mahou

Has that guy actually played a VN before or are all the "dating sims" he's played just flash games on newgrounds? It's like, "OH MY GOD, THERE'S LIKE, A STORY, AND CHARACTERS, WITH CHARACTERIZATION! AND IT'S SET IN SCHOOL! I WENT TO SCHOOL SO I CAN RELATE! THIS IS AMAZING. SOMETIMES MY MISTAKEN CHOICES EVEN HAVE CONSEQUENCES HOLY SHIT"

LOL. I like your cut down version, cuts through the crap and gets to the point. What happened to quality of review writing over quantity really? Ohh this explains it 'We review video games. But rather than trying to be objective we offer a range of personal opinions from regular columnists.' Never did know this site existed until now either.

sazabi

that what i was thinking while reading his advertisement review

Green_Tea

invictus

The art doesn't look that bad. Was it really?

It isn't bad but it wasn't even on a semi-professional (like my friends) or wholly professional level... my first impression was "flash game" lol.

Mana

The art doesn't look that bad. Was it really?

Even Tsukihime looks better than that.

Green_Tea

thats saying something

Tsukihime or FSN weren't all that great artwise; but they sure had their style.

sazabi

Mana

I was talking about the visual aspect, and even though Fate's artwork isn't that great, it had the polish that was lacking on Tsukihime.

sazabi

that polish would make it look even better if they ever get around to that tsukihime remake

Mana

Taking into account that Mahoutsukai no Yoru is getting constantly delayed and that Nasu told in an interview that the script and it's insertion were done more than a year ago...

Yossarian762

I was talking about the visual aspect, and even though Fate's artwork isn't that great, it had the polish that was lacking on Tsukihime.

Kagetsu Tohya had almost Fate quality artwork except it was too shiny. It's kind of interesting to see the evolution from Tsukihime -> Kagetsu Tohya -> Fate/Stay Night.

Fate's artwork would be way better if there were more facial variety.

invictus

But Fate made great use of what sprites they did have... I especially like Rin drifting in in the morning... and when Sakura got angry =3

Force88

lol, I was hungry for some english translated galge and ran across this one, but all I saw was utter rejection from you guys. Is it really that bad ? Anyone who have played it or even just tried it for 1 hour can review it ?