News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

The 6-Years Late "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Started by Geckoey Lurker, April 21, 2015, 07:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

Xbox does not allow cross-platform game(FFXIV).... damn frustrating.. :(
and my laptop doesn't seem to be able to handle it.. It sucks... I want to buy new PC... :'(
I ended-up never picking it up sadly, friends ended-up not being all that interested in it and all );
Still considering it in the future if I can afford throwing a few bucks at it monthly. But yeah, wish more games did cross-play but I can imagine why that'd be complex to accomplish.

FF XIV eh? I'd probably have to get an upgrade to my GPU if I wanted to play that.
Currently have a 650TI with only 1GB vram, it's very limited.
I don't think you have to, actually. I was playing with a 550TI with only 1GB of VRAM, and I could play a medium-ish tweaked settings at 1080p. Granted, that was during beta time.
Though, not gonna lie, it's probably about time I did some upgrades to my PC, probably will do that near the end of the year.

@saithan
Ooh, always nice to meet people that are/were on the productive side of this whole shebang, heh. I used to do some scanlation as well, but it was from English to French, didn't last long though as I came to realize I didn't like my own mother-tongue much, ha! Tried to get in the English scene—feels weird to call it that—multiple times in the past years, but I just keep finding myself unsatisfied from my own work, am too lazy to muster-up a team of motivated people, and I just can't find the time—especially as of late.

Anyway, sad stuff aside, thanks for all your previous contributions into this whole thing and welcome to K1! Hope you enjoy your stay here, even if we aren't a super active community. ^^

Kureha

Pretty lagging and low score when I tried the benchmark.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Geckoey Lurker

Every single benchmark I've taken have been wrong thus far, honestly. If you have a friend who trust you and has the game, ask him to lend you his account so you can see how the actual game runs on your rig. Otherwise, well, either the optimization went down on full release plus the expansion or NVidia's products numbering makes no sense like I always doubted. Oh, I do have an i5-2400 as CPU, that's an helping factor, but... it's 3.10GHz. Wait, that can't be right, I played the 14-days trial just last month and it was running just fine. Aahh, I don't get it! D<

Ugh. I'm gonna run the benchmark too, just to see.

Edit: I just noticed, you ran the benchmark at maximum graphics, lmao. Anyway, I ran mine at the lowest and got the following: http://i.imgur.com/9i7OuQc.png Was fluctuating between 25~70 FPS depending on scene. It says customs because I disabled glare and other things that were left on even on lowest. But just to see, I'm gonna run a bench at maximum, too

Edit 2: Yup, I got even worse than you: http://i.imgur.com/bZud5mQ.png

SaintLelouch

I ended-up never picking it up sadly, friends ended-up not being all that interested in it and all );
Still considering it in the future if I can afford throwing a few bucks at it monthly. But yeah, wish more games did cross-play but I can imagine why that'd be complex to accomplish.

yeah that xbox pride not letting other server than xbox live... even the game like 'destiny'  is separated..*sigh*

and btw my score is 885 a.k. insufficient...llol..
and don't know why my dx11 detected as dx9 even though driver alr up-to-date.
can't ask too much from 6yrs old laptop ~

a bit off topic, but if anyone can give me specs for my hope-to-be built PC it would be a great help..
it's for gaming and heavy use.. budget maybe $2k-3k ? :-\ well I don't know the price of stuffs..
Thanks xD

Geckoey Lurker

First, lemme just say that I am not an expert in this, last time I built a PC was 3.5 years ago, but here's what I whipped-up together quickly: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M2drBm
I don't know if you needed monitors? If you need a keyboard or a mouse? Soundcard if you're an audiophile? Are you gonna be using WiFi or just straight wired for internet (which I recommend)? Do you only do gaming, or by heavy use did you mean you do a lot of video/model rendering, things that would require a good use of RAM? Is fan sound an issue or not for you? Are you a bit experimental (If not, you might wanna take the GPU down a peg to just a regular GTX 980 than a Ti, that's about a 20% loss of power)? Do you plan to do SLI with two GPUs, if you don't, then you can probably change the PSU for something weaker. How much do you care for SSDs? If not much, then you might either want to remove the one I put, or change it for a smaller one. I didn't include any OS, I'm assuming you'd be using the one you have right now. Personally, I'd probably stay on Win7 for now, and after a year or so that Win10 is out, jump onto it. So forth and so forth.

Now, hum. Seeing as I'm not too confident in my suggestion, you might wanna wait for someone else to chip-in, because I'm sure I fucked something up or there are better options I'm not aware of, or you could try asking /r/buildapc to build you one from the ground-up, just make sure not to leave them hanging if they ask you questions.

Also, don't forget to include (or exclude??) shipping prices into your budget. Don't follow the prices listed on that site to the letter, it says 4.99$ of shipping but it might be 50$, never know.

SaintLelouch

oh! site like that do exist... I guess I'm gonna look around it myself..
For wifi I will just use external antenna(my router is far far away~ so can't wired). Well I'm gonna use it for a lot of 'stuff'  :P so RAM yes. fan sound no problem.. I think I'm gonna take GTX Titan X/ 980 Ti for GPU.
I don' know that.. should I do SLI or not ? because I don't know how it works.. Is Samsung 850 evo 1TB good choice of SSD? or I might take on the one you offer.
win 10 in a few weeks or months is going to be available..well they offer free for one year for genuine windows user. Some received invitation and for those who don't can sign up for it.. so I'm gonna take it .

chill :D I think you are such a great help ! I'm gonna use your suggestion as starting step 8) and I'm just gonna browsing around for answer/help..
I will just buy on available local pc stores who knows I might be able to cut out some dollars :')
and thanks again !

Kureha

I deploy a variety of computers as a side job...

SLI/Crossfire is generally not recommended unless you want the best of the best and have money to spare.
Single big card is mostly better because SLI/Crossfire introduces small problems like microstutter and you have to have driver and profile support for SLI/Crossfire to work.

Intel NVME drives are currently the best SSDs on the market, personally I'd say to go with Intel or Crucial.
980TI gives you Titan X class performance for around 650ish USD.

Contrary to popular belief the Hyper 212 X turbo is not adequate for a higher end CPU.

For example the E3 1231 V3 can only attain and maintain a boost clock of 3.6ghz on all 4 cores with the 212 X Turbo running full tilt and reaches temps of 82C with ambient temps at 33C
The 1231 V3 is capable of a 3.8ghz boost, but it can't maintain it with the 212 X turbo.
The True Spirit 120 doesn't fair any better either.

If you have the budget go for a larger cooler like the Noctua D-14/15 or get into AIO.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

SaintLelouch

aha~ I forgot to say..
Thanks for your suggestion  8)

Ikki kurogane

Hi  my name is Ikki Kurogane, I'm Italian and I love anime, manga and light novels I think this forum is fantastic and I hope to have a good time here

1dragon1

been a fan of anime and manga for many years. only just getting in to light novels.

Hydrargyrum

Hello everyone! I am Hydrargyrum, as you can probably see.

I discovered this scantalation community while looking for some light novels. Been a fan of anime and manga for a while, recently finished Spice and Wolf and I wanted to have more of the story so I decided to give light novels a go. The amount of content on this forum is amazing; I'll probably be around here for a while.

Only recently did I try to learn Japanese but things have been progressing slowly because I haven't found the time to sit down and actually concentrate of studying it. I'm not really sure if I should work on speaking Japanese or writing Japanese, any suggestions?

As for anime, I'm currently watching 10-15 different animes. I have a habit of starting one and jumping to another. I usually don't return to it until a month or so. Current favorites are Steins;Gate, NGE, Bebop, TTGL, and Oregairu.

This forum looks like a great place so far. I look forward to being involved with the community.

-Hydrargyrum
Mousy.

Neiam

Hi everyone~~ !!

First, i don't speak very well english  (sorry for that  :-X ) , BUT i can understand most of the words, so i think it's not really a big deal ( i think...  ::) ).

Well, about me, i'm still a student and... that's it.  ( There isn't a thing really special about me, lol. ;D ) And like of the most members, i like watching Anime, reading Manga and light Novels, Listening to japan music , watching drama... well everything about JAPAN.. is amazing  ;D

I've discovered your website in google searching for light novels, and i find this paradise website.  :) Thank you to the admin and all who make this website so wondeful !!  :)

7thWinter

Hi there my names 7thWinter and I really like anime, recently I got into VNs too

This is my first time being in a forum, so hopefully ill find my way around and enjoy myself here :D

Slider214

Hey all!  I've been into anime, manga and light novels for a while now.  First started reading light novels due to Index actually and I've jumped around from there (though I have fallen woefully far behind in Index itself these days).  I just wanted to say a quick thanks to this community in general because it's REALLY hard to find a decent aggregator of fan translations on this many light novels in one place!

Shike

Hi, I just joined a moment ago and believe I should get this out of the way.  I'll probably be a lurker for a while before getting significantly involved but that's just me.

I've been into manga and anime since a kid - so roughly 22 or so years?  I'm also into computers, gaming, and a huge audiophile as well.  Effectively the stereotypical geek.  Relatively anti-social but try and force myself to deal with people.

So yeah, thanks for reading.