News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[H-VN] Muv-Luv Alternative

Started by Mana, October 29, 2010, 09:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mana

It's a great VN , most of the Cons above shouldn't nag other people too much, I read about a dozens of WH40K book so this VN kinda lacks the impact for me.

This is has been discussed several times on /jp/, if you wanted to read a well written story, you should just pick up a good book and get over it. Visual novels' writers aren't at the level of good book writers and when they try to best them, you get things like Umineko. As for the Warhammer 40.000 books, they tend to commit some of the same mistakes as the ones you complained about. It's not like they aren't entertaining, but they aren't masterpieces of literature.

Masrap

It's a great VN , most of the Cons above shouldn't nag other people too much, I read about a dozens of WH40K book so this VN kinda lacks the impact for me.

This is has been discussed several times on /jp/, if you wanted to read a well written story, you should just pick up a good book and get over it. Visual novels' writers aren't at the level of good book writers and when they try to best them, you get things like Umineko. As for the Warhammer 40.000 books, they tend to commit some of the same mistakes as the ones you complained about. It's not like they aren't entertaining, but they aren't masterpieces of literature.
Sorry, maybe i'm not being clear enough there

Don't get me wrong, i don't expect this VN to have Dan Abnett level writing or the next Shakespeare. the reason i put the WH40K novel there is not comparing the level of the writing, but because of them i'm used having my favorite character killed unfairly and the retardedly high death toll, so all of that death in MVA kinda lacks the impact for me.

This VN is the one of the greatest VN i have ever read, i enjoy it for what it is, most of the pros outweigh the cons, despite the predictable writing the execution is great.

By the way the essence of WH40K is Total Overkill, Retarded beyond imagination, and inconsistent fluff. all tuned up to 11 .
i don't think most of the cons i wrote there apply to WH40K.

Fiske

Thought about giving this one a try, but cant download part 23. My megaupload stops downloading at 86.8% (tried 3 times now) and the other sites are dead

Anyone able to reupload that part?

Thanks

rdaw

Try restarting your internet connection for a new IP, Megaupload sometimes is picky about those who try to download the same file several times in a row.

inferno_flamex

Its the fact that I dont believe I could stomach the ending, that Im seriously hesitating on this game...

Yes, I know that I'll be missing alot from this game since its a good game and all.. ...
But, kinda like the games from Key, I fear the time when I really do complete it I'll be in this sort of 'emo' state that's gonna affect me at least a week... HAHA!

sinamen

I wouldn't worry about that.
I don't know how much you heard about the ending, but I'd say you are
missing a certain detail. A certain detail that will make the situation
much brighter.

Endings tend to hit me really hard, but MLA's ending didn't left me sad.
True, it left me wanting more, and that "There are still some loose ends"
Pretty much like Persona 4 true ending. That one did hit me hard tho.

Fiske

Try restarting your internet connection for a new IP, Megaupload sometimes is picky about those who try to download the same file several times in a row.

No luck in restarting. .023 still stops at 86%

Anyone ever tried that before?

Mana

Sorry, maybe i'm not being clear enough there

Don't get me wrong, i don't expect this VN to have Dan Abnett level writing or the next Shakespeare. the reason i put the WH40K novel there is not comparing the level of the writing, but because of them i'm used having my favorite character killed unfairly and the retardedly high death toll, so all of that death in MVA kinda lacks the impact for me.

This VN is the one of the greatest VN i have ever read, i enjoy it for what it is, most of the pros outweigh the cons, despite the predictable writing the execution is great.

By the way the essence of WH40K is Total Overkill, Retarded beyond imagination, and inconsistent fluff. all tuned up to 11 .
i don't think most of the cons i wrote there apply to WH40K.

We can't expect great liberty in an universe that has the sentence "In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war." as it's motto, which is why Ciaphas Cain and the Angry Marines end up being pretty fun.

And regarding books, I found Dune's deaths to have a lot more impact when entire books revolved around the characters, just to watch them being shot to death by their own sisters, drowned by their distant granddaughters or burned with an entire world. I still have to read the last of Brian Herbert's Dune novels, but his prequels are very far from Frank's level and they even leave several plot holes.

Fiske

Managed to get the missing file, and finish the game aswell

Interesting story, good enough to keep me from getting much sleep over the past few days.

IMO the patch is well made, and those things missing in the beta patch aint really a big deal.. If that has kept any of you guys from playing the game, then reconsider :)

Im not sure what impact all the choices have on the story.. It feels like they are just there to satisfy the reader

Darkbalmunk

it changes the subplot story, IE certain scenes with a girl, but has no effect on the main plot at all, its a kinetic novel with a few minor sub chapters (optional reading material) included.

Fiske

Ahh thanks for letting me know.

No reason to re-read it then (not yet anyways)

Mana

The first post was updated with a link for Amaterasu's final translation patch.

blaze1895

guys... may i request a torrent file?? anyone?? thanks in advance... ^^