News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[PSP][Adventure VN] Danganronpa: Hope's Academy and Despair's Students

Started by Geckoey Lurker, July 08, 2013, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

VNDB | Release Dates : 2010-11-25 (Original) / 2011-11-23 (the Best)
Original Title: ダンガンロンパ希望の学園と絶望の高校生

Description/Summary/Story
(VNDB's)
:
Special high school students throughout Japan are transferred to Kibougamine Academy because they excel above all other students in a certain way. The protagonist, Naegi Makoto (excels in Luck) arrives on the first day of class only to fall unconscious after he steps through the gates. When he wakes up, he meets up with 14 other students who went through the same experience, and they find that all possible exits have been sealed shut.

The 15 are then informed by Monokuma, a black and white robot bear who appears to be behind the whole affair, that they are playing a game and the only way for them to leave the school is to "graduate". To do so, they must kill another student and get away with it. A trial will be held after a corpse is found, and if the culprit is found guilty, they will be executed and the game will continue. If they are found innocent, they will graduate and be able to leave, while the rest of the cast gets executed in their place...

Game Downloads:

Japanese ISO:
MEGA - EmuParadise - NyaaTorrent

Pre-Patched to English ISO (movies are tl'd):
MEGA
If for some reason, the last (4th) part isn't showing up, here's the link to it.

Playing on PPSSPP:
I played through it on PPSSPP, and it worked near-perfect by changing a new setting in the ini file. Only tested the Japanese version on Windows.
It lags a little bit from time to time, but disabling Vertex Cache seems to fix most of it for me.

Brief, simply download one of the latest builds.
Extract the files wherever you want, and open ppsspp.ini with any text editor, CTRL+F for " FramebuffersToMem " and if it isn't set to True, then set it to True.
I suggest also turning off VertexCache while you're at it, should help you from lagging a bit. That's it, you're ready to play.

The build I used was v0.8.1-269-gf51a675-windows (uploaded my folder here).

There is another problem, the text will gets all gargled up pretty often with both the current line and the previous one(s), to avoid that either take no pause reading or when it won't stop being all screwed-up, simply press F2 to quick-save and it seems to clear that issue up temporarily. This seems to only happen with the English version, though.

Translation Team:
Project Zetsubou
I only took a quick look at the first 30-ish minutes of the game, but they seems to have done a really good job with it.

English Patch:
Follow this POST, considering the amount of uploads, I don't need to do it myself.

Patching Instructions:
If you got yourself the Japanese ISO and aren't intending to play it in Japanese, then follow this POST for patching instructions, or read the quote below.

Applying the patch

Windows

• Copy the Danganronpa ISO to same folder as the patch files (or the other way around).
  • Rename the ISO "Danganronpa.iso"
    If file extensions are set to hidden, you might need to name it plain "Danganronpa" without the ".iso" part, since it should already have the proper extension.
  • Double-click on "apply_patch.bat" and wait for it to finish. This can take several minutes to complete.
  • It should output either "Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][Full].iso" (1.24 GB) or "Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][No Movies].iso" (1.20 GB) depending on which version of the patch you have.
  • If you want, you can now verify your patched ISO against the hashes listed in the next section.

Windows (GUI Patcher, Courtesy of cixota)

• Download and extract http://thejbnet.com/progs/xgui/app/xdeltagui.zip
  • Launch xdeltagui.exe
  • Go to Settings -> Paths, and browse to the "xdelta3-3.0.6-win32.exe" included with the patch.
  • Original file = original ISO file, and patch = .xdelta file. (The GUI might be unresponsive when you select the ISO file and when you patch the file).

Mac (Courtesy of Klee)

To patch xdelta files, you'll have to download the xdelta program, which can be used through the Mac's Terminal program (the equivalent of Window's Command Prompt).

• Install Homebrew from http://mxcl.github.io/homebrew/

• Open Terminal and type "brew install xdelta".
    You may need to download Xcode for Homebrew to work, which is on the Mac OS install disc. If you can't find it, you can also download the program from the Apple site.

Make sure you have the proper version of Xcode for your Mac OS! You can go to https://developer.apple.com/downloads/ and type in Xcode in the search box to the left, and then look for the right version.

• Put the original ISO (the Danganronpa game file) and patch files (the xdelta file downloaded from Project Zetsubou) into the same folder. In this example, the folder will be called "Patcher."

• Navigate to that folder in Terminal using the cd command. The easiest way is to type cd, enter a space, and then drag the folder into the Terminal.
    Format: cd (folder)

Example: cd /Users/Klee/Desktop/Patcher

• Type in the patch command into Terminal.
    Format: xdelta3 -d -s "base" xdelta file source "location"

The "base" is the name of the original Danganronpa game file, while the "xdelta file source" is the name of the xdelta patch download. The location is whatever you want to name the finished, patched game file.

Example: xdelta3 -d -s "Danganronpa.iso" danganronpa-1.0-full.xdelta "Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][Full].iso"

If successful, a second game file should be created.

• The patch process does take a little while, and unfortunately Terminal doesn't let you know when it finishes in an obvious manner. The easiest way to make sure is to check the file size of the game file (right-click, Get Info). It should stop increasing at around 1.24 GB for the full patch and 1.20 GB for the no-movies version.

Linux (Courtesy of Jen)

What you'll want to do first, though is go into your terminal, and type in "sudo apt-get install xdelta3" (without quotes), then, when prompted, give it the okay with your administrative password – this will install xdelta3 without you needing to do anything else. Then, follow the rest of Klee's command-line instructions. Also, any command-line folks that are having issues: check your quote placement and make sure that it's exactly the same as Klee's! That will always make the patch fail.

Hashes

Untouched Danganronpa.iso (1,801,584,640 bytes)
        CRC32: D4ED9D84
        MD5: E653E69DA189D9ACD71C598297FF5E31
        SHA-1: FDF4875A5E4B631579DB18512A12468469FC3B74

Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][Full].iso (1,333,657,600 bytes)
        CRC32: BD75601F
        MD5: 988145032F6AA6A3511503304E39AF68
        SHA-1: 41C9FC7DF729E1F995765C2175306346A0A11F3C

Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][No Movies].iso (1,296,631,808 bytes)
        CRC32: B28C5576
        MD5: D15CB7DC85592E97A742C622F499DA96
        SHA-1: A36350D43C0C5ACC15ED6012DB958198581496D3

EXTRAS:
Dangan Ronpa IF - (Contains Heavy Spoilers, only read after you have completed the game.)
[spoiler]http://untuned-strings.blogspot.sg/2012/12/dangan-ronpa-if-part-1.html[/spoiler]

Alumine

Geckoey Lurker

Green_Tea

First episode of the anime is also out.

The game is a great translation work by these guys too. I love the way it's done.

Geckoey Lurker

I probably won't bother with the anime until it's complete, especially considering I know how the story unfold.

Also, can I just say that the "headmaster" is probably my favorite character. Oh, no, I don't mean Monokuma himself.

Green_Tea

Dusk

I've just completed the game after 1 whole week. Fantastic game. Also, don't forget to read Dangan Ronpan IF, the "what-if" mini novel, after you've completed the game and have unlocked the secret movie. It flesh out the story for one of the characters.

Geckoey Lurker

I don't see any mini-novel of any sort anywhere in the extras... nor any secret movie.
What is it called? (Spoiler it if it's spoiler-ish)

Dusk

Oh, my bad. I should have phrased better. I meant to say you guys should also read the Dangan Ronpan IF for the complete experience (a translated version can be found at http://untuned-strings.blogspot.sg/2012/12/dangan-ronpa-if-part-1.html), but you should only do so after you have completed the game and watched the secret movie (the final movie inside Extras-> Movie Gallery). This novel was written by the author of Baccano! and Durarara!! and was included with Super Dangan Ronpa 2 as a bonus.

Sorry for getting your hopes up. =D

Geckoey Lurker

Oh, that's okay. I probably should have done my research, too. Haha.
I'll try to see if I can't find it in Japanese since that's how I read the game, going into English suddenly would feel weird..

Oh, that's what you meant by secret movie. I saw that, but I didn't really know what to make of it exactly.
Adding the link to the post - with a spoiler notice of course, thanks. =)

I'll probably start Super Dangan Ronpa 2 in the following days, I have very high expectations of it.

Dusk

Oh, really? Nothing like an anime series to motivate us to pick it up and start playing, right? Incidentally, I've also just started Super Dangan Ronpa 2. Still working through the prologue, though. This one will take me far longer than a week, since I'm a little slow at reading Japanese. Wish that the whole thing was voiced, cuz' I can understand spoken Japanese much better. I need to read aloud all the unvoiced dialogues so that my brain can process it. Haha.

Geckoey Lurker

I actually hadn't even realized there was an upcoming anime when I picked it up! I'm a bit behind on recent things...
I didn't even know Dangan Ronpa was a thing until a week ago.

I was the same, I used to lean a bit too much on the voiced lines which I somewhat didn't even bother to actually read sometimes, haha, that was quickly - well, more like slowly, - fixed by learning a much bigger array of Kanji & Vocabulary.
Still, I usually have much less trouble understanding Anime than I do reading a couple of sentences.

Geckoey Lurker

If they are requested, they shall be made. Give me a few hours, I guess.

Edit: Completely forgot; Anyway: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bbyc792br0683/DR-ppppp

Tsukishima Starrk

If they are requested, they shall be made. Give me a few hours, I guess.

Edit: Completely forgot; Anyway: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bbyc792br0683/DR-ppppp

Ah, thank you :). You're the best!

Edit: Was it only 3 parts? I thought it was 6 parts. Again, thank you :)