News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

I think I should begin to check my gmail much more now, I havn't since 2 days ago actually. Thanks for reminding me!

Also, that Titor Crash should be fixed now, though you're right I didn't recheck the scripts after using the ones here. Gonna have to recheck them. And thanks for the Untranslated one, I'll get that fixed. And yes, the achievements bug should be fixed now, I'm pretty sure I found the cause while I was comparing japanese - english.

And don't mind your English, it's not that bad.. hell, it's better than some native I know.

Edit : Ding ! If the so said " unoriginal november scripts" were the ones I had before V.1_1, then your link is also wrong since this is where I downloade them! This is the same I was using from before, and the current one is more edited that the previous. Thanks for the help anyway. ;)

Hezio

Here you go.

Edit:Hmm seems like you already solved it lol... well no point in the pics now

zsax

Edit : Ding ! If the so said " unoriginal november scripts" were the ones I had before V.1_1, then your link is also wrong since this is where I downloade them! This is the same I was using from before, and the current one is more edited that the previous. Thanks for the help anyway. ;)
By "Unoriginal november scripts" I meant this: http://www.mediafire.com/?jj269t3akrae68s (SG_11-7-11.rar. mewtube's nss.npa, mentioned in http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php/topic,1060.msg13882.html#msg13882).
mediafire.com/?lmm47ob3r07bzjc is an archive with script, cg and exe uploaded by Blick Winkel. Mewtube used this to assemble his nss.npa. Blick Winkel removed this link from his blog in january.

Geckoey Lurker

@Hezio
Yes, sorry for the time waste. Thanks anyway.  ;)

@zsax
Oh, sorry for misunderstanding then.

Actually, I ended up not using anything from mewtube's patch actually. So no worries on that part. =)
I got the untranslation fixed, I've been doing some coding on the .bat to make it more user-friendly and adding options.
I've been thinking to add an uninstaller, but it would mean having to double the size of the archive due to the movies.  :-\
edit : Oh, I could just make back-ups of the japanese ones.

I'm doing one last test and I'll be uploading V.1_3 soon enough.

Edit : Well, I'm not sure if I made the script look that much user-friendly, so I also added a one click full patch which work the same way the previous versions work.

1_3 Script---
Download here! (Don't pay mind to archive's name)
Just drag and drop the nss.npa from the archive into the root folder of S;G, and bam, no more japanese line from Daru!

Automated Patch V.1_3---
Download right here.
(Changes : New .bat, new oneclick.bat, fixed an untranslated line)

Really minor changes, I know, but hey. =)
Well, from now on the updates shouldn't be as frequent since 99% of the game should be working just fine, and I didn't get any reports from anyone. Not much left to do.

Fadeout

To spare bandwidth you could as well put the nss.npa on a separate archive since it's the only part that gets updated.

Hezio

Awesome job there Thank yah for the fast fix. I tried the scene again and all that is missing from the sentence is the red letters and it has two < < but then again that is just for the picky at least now is translated lol.

Here  is the pic if your wondering.

Geckoey Lurker

Ah, I swear the color code was the same as it was supposed to be.  ???

Will see on that.

And @Fadeout, yes, I'm considering doing that, mostly for the minor tweaks like right now :P
I won't survive long if I don't xD

Download fixed nss.npa for above bug here, and small typo below.
Just drag and drop to the root of Steins;Gate.

megs

script v1.3 fixed the 'jump' issue. Now there are no issues using applocale, so far. So I'm guessing it was a glitch with the script, since nothing else was changed.

Blanchimont

Torrent for v1.3;
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=279529

By the way the first post still points to v1.0...

zsax

Ah, I swear the color code was the same as it was supposed to be.
You can blame his save files anyway. Actually, you can't since you have spaces after "<" symbols in sg01_12.txt, so the syntax is broken. (it was with spaces on BW's blog and I just copy-and-pasted it to my mail) .
One more thought: it seems that game won't crash with old save files and new patch as long as achievement and tips files remains the same (extra_achievements and extra_tips). So it's better not to update them very frequently.

Geckoey Lurker

@Blanchimont
Thanks! and yes, will have to update it with 1_3 and the fix.

By the way, do you have any idea if there would be a way to get working accents into the scripts?
You know who and I are currently tearing our hairs apart over that, I tried unicode (which seem to keep the code working anyway here), but the moment an accent appear. Runtime Error! I'm thinking maybe it's because the font files the game use do not have any accents, but I'm on the look-out for those so I cannot say just yet. Our language have a huge depency on accents so we can't really do without them. Also ANSI is out of the way, ence it either transforms the accented letter into a jp character (unless we edit the said character to show the right thing in the font files maybe?) or simply get rid of the accent.

(Don't mind if I take a few things from the Torrent's description by the way, make up a much readable and clear readme xD)

@zsax Yes, the above minor fix is for that too.  ;)
Also, you are right about this. It's due to how the saves are handled if I am right, and then the next moment it try to read the tips/achievements files again expecting this, but got this instead. Anyway, I'm pretty much done touching those for the moment so no worry on that side!

megs

with script v1.3 I've found one typo so far, there's an extra "I" in this sentence. I places a red line above it. Not something worth releasing another fix to, but one to take note of, for future releases. http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9038/typo1.jpg

Geckoey Lurker

megs

found another one, this time a scripting error preventing red text from displaying.
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9213/typo2.jpg
if I find any more, I'll try to post them too.

Hezio

Yo, Megs get your own  red text related script errors to post  ;D  but yeah I tried it again with the newest patch posted and its still there. I am going to retry without any saves see if the red text appears.