News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

Looking for some advice.

Started by Zyibis, October 18, 2010, 11:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zyibis

I am thinking of buying a VN/H-Game but I'm not sure on which one I should get. Seeing as this will be my first VN/H-Game I will be buying I want it to be a good game so any advice on what game I should get?

Green_Tea

What do you already have?
Would you go for a limited edition?
Fetish? Genre? Story or art?

Zyibis

All the stuff I have is from the internet or torrents, so I want to have my own copy of a game not just some pirated copied. Limited edition? Ya I would. Since I will be buying it then I would want something that has a deep story, good to great art. Genre? Hmm a fantasy would be nice. Fetish? Well anything will do though I'm not really into NTRs or heavy rape stories. And no tentacles.

In short something that would hold my interest, and has to at least have a English patch or English release.

Green_Tea

What about the Eien series? I heard that one of them is getting patched up. Take a look.

Otherwise something from Alice Games? They have a lot, but I don't think many are patched.

I don't buy, so I dunno many of the in's and out's so to speak.

Yossarian762

I'd say just pick the game you've enjoyed the most and buy it to support the developers/localizers/whoever.

Zyibis

I was thinking of maybe get something from Type-Moon, like Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime but with the talk of Tsukihime getting a remake, then I'd end up waiting to see what the remake is like. :-\

As for one of the Eien series, well Eien no Aselia -Kono Daichi no Hate De- was nice and it's sequel looks interesting.

Alice Games? Well I don't know any titles of hand. But I'll look into it.

@Yossarian: I enjoyed a good number of games so it's pretty hard to just pick one.

Green_Tea

I'd suggest Shuffle but that wasn't "patched" was it. Why not look through the list on this site? It's pretty comprehensive.

Oh what about stuff from Nitro+?

Alice Games: Sengoku Rance. Daibanchou.

Mana

with the talk of Tsukihime getting a remake, then I'd end up waiting to see what the remake is like. :-\

Good luck waiting for 2020.

I'd suggest Shuffle but that wasn't "patched" was it.

has to at least have a English patch or English release.

Oh what about stuff from Nitro+?

You only have Chaos,Head, that's more 5pb than Nitro+, Saya no Uta and Kikokugai. We are lucky if Demonbane is released this year.

Instead of buying something that you haven't tried, buy something that you've actually played and that you liked. It's your preference, your call.

mahou

2020? I suppose we can't use Duke Nukem Forever jokes anymore though.

I'd say Fate/Stay Night, Clannad or Majikoi just because they're all awesome and are really long so worth the cash. Fantasy eh, Wordsworth was decent, but if you hate dungeon crawlers stay away. Castle Fantasia 2: Seima Taisen Renewal was good fun, still one of my favorites, simple SRPG, simple but entertaining story a fair few heroines, Aria <3 & allows you to skip battles you've completed so you can breeze though secondary routes. Like Tea said, Eien series, Rance and Daibanchou.

sazabi

2020? I suppose we can't use Duke Nukem Forever jokes anymore though.

guess not, but like the name implies it pretty much did take forever

Mana

He says that he wants it translated. Another 4/5 years until it's eventual release, unless somthing else is released on that space of time and several more years for someone to translate it.

sazabi

speaking of which, is there any gameplay elements in demonaben? or is it just text and pictures?

Zyibis

I'd say Fate/Stay Night, Clannad or Majikoi just because they're all awesome and are really long so worth the cash.

Surprisingly I haven't played Clannad or Majikoi but I'll probably check them out sooner or later. Little busy with a few things to really play or do anything.

I think I may just end up getting Fate/Stay Night. It's one I game I know for sure that I like and it is worth the money for it.

@Tea: Shuffle is a good game but MangaGamer only give you download versions and I want a game I can hold in my hands. By the way  I like your title "Knight of bad endings" ;D

Green_Tea

FSN sounds like a good choice. Especially since it supports T-M.

As for the title, it's very fitting isn't it? Kureha came up with it.

Zyibis

I think I just changed my mind on what game to buy. I kinda want Daibanchou - Big Bang Age now lol. I love the art, and I am liking the story so far (Just started playing it). Plus the battle system is fun. ;D