News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Our lack of a Userbase

Started by Green_Tea, November 15, 2011, 01:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kureha

You've been appointed to the task.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Green_Tea

Kureha

Let's give a round of applause on Tea's new position!
Now, what board would you like to take over?
[/url]

Mana

Congratulations! Now, I'll just keep discussing those things during my spare time the whole day on other places.

Green_Tea

This won't work. I'll get banned on purpose. I will! Don't force my hand >[

Geckoey Lurker

Well, I thought I do revive this barely necro topic for two reasons.

First, I thought I would steals a bits of Tea's new assigned tasks/ideas.
And by that I mean mostly about games, I am almost as clueless as a newborn when it come to real-life information so I can't really do anything for that. Though I have not been looking up news as much about games lately, I still am a gamer by heart and I seem to have a lots of free time ahead of me for awhile, minus tomorrow.

Second, would it be possible to get a dedicated forum for Games ?
I don't really care if they're made into sub-forums to separate consoles/pc games or not either.
Or should I go and just make those games topics here in the No Topic forum ?

I'm not saying that if I begin talking about games I'm gonna end up creating 50+ topics but I think it would be for the best, instead of later creating a new forum and having to move all the topics from here to there.

Mana

I still have to create topics for things that I uploaded more than a month ago. I would also feel obliged to contribute to that one. Do you want to drive me mad?

That reminds me of something, why don't you create topics to discuss things that aren't even available here and one of the mods could update the first post if someone eventually uploads the game, mods and/or other things related to it?

Geckoey Lurker

My bad, I didn't think much about the mods, it was all thought up on a whim. I gotta stop doing that. =/

And well, I don't mind creating topics for things that are unavailable here, that was somewhat the main point in a way though what I had in mind was mainly discussion and nothing to do with games uploading unless I misunderstood something ? I'll take it upon myself to update my OPs as much as necessary. Time to do some research and scan through the boards to see what isn't here yet.

Mana

I meant that if people discuss about something, someone requests download links, and another person uploads it, they should be added to the first post.

Kureha

Hmmn did Geckoey never get resigned up? It still says Guest... oh woes.
[/url]

Geckoey Lurker

I'm still alive, no worry, forum just decided to reopen its arms to me. (I was actually still lurking around here everyday <3)

Anyway, as for the someone uploading something and then adding it to the first post. I think the job goes mainly to the OP, considering they're still alive, and secondly the mods/admins. And you've been doing an extremely good job at that, in fact, most of the edits I see on the first posts are credited to you, can only say thanks to you.

Also, I said in my other post I would scan through what isn't here, but.. to be honest, I don't have that much knowledge, at least in VNs, I got only 3 Japanese VNs which arn't here, one of them being heavily centered on H and since I know very few kanjis, I don't know if the story is any good, and the two other require a Japanese OS.. which I don't have. I got Little Busters! EX that I should probably upload for here though, since the original is done and the EX/ME is now being translated.

Well, I guess all I can do to help is open some discussions thread and hope people will talk on them, if only just a little bit, and if there is anyone here that is interested in discussing programmation and engines hacking, it would be a nice way to gain knowledge about it and everything. I could also try to open up a japanese thread, would be useful for anyone learning the language and want some buddies to learn with and/or try to speak in jp with, my japanese is still very limited personally, but pratice make better. Hell, if there is anyone here that wanna pratice up their french, I'm up to it. . Yeah, I'm more technical than anything. To be honest, I have no ideas what the people's interests minus VNs are around here; I lurked here for a while, but I didn't talk much with anyone.

edgelessdiamond

How about a new member introduction forum I've seen people do that one on other forums and it works pretty well.

My other idea, is to have certain pinned topics on each forum like one for a recommended list of VNs to play and another for anime games and so on...
thats my 2 cents after joining :D
Also having to do the verification every time I post is kind of annoying.

Mana

It's only until you reach 5 posts and it was that or spam bots everywhere.

As for the sticky, it can be easily replaced with this link: http://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating

Geckoey Lurker

Though reading people's actual thoughts on a VN is better than looking at a list of statistics that doesn't really tell why it was liked, and such. Some people are content with just that anyway.

I still havn't done anything, derp.

edgelessdiamond

Though reading people's actual thoughts on a VN is better than looking at a list of statistics that doesn't really tell why it was liked, and such. Some people are content with just that anyway.

I still havn't done anything, derp.

Yeah I like reading peoples thoughts on stuff thats how I've found out about a few jdramas and 1 kdrama that was really good as well. Which that could be another forum. :D