News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Green Green Question.

Started by Zyibis, April 13, 2010, 11:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zyibis

Does the game Green Green by Groover have an English patch?

Kureha

Nope none of the Green Green series is in english
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Zyibis

I was hoping there was but oh well. Thanks for answering my question.

inferno_flamex

Heh.. I've been wishing for some kind soul to translate Green Green since i've watched the anime about 4years back...

... Hey.. Any thoughts on MangaGamer translating it or something?..

I mean.. From my understanding, the people that made GreenGreen went on and became Overdrive... (They made Edelweiss, Kira*Kira etc) Which, MangaGamer has been given license to translate.

So... What are the chances that GreenGreen could be translated by them eh?

Kureha

They broke off from the company that made green green and became overdrive, I don't think MG currently has a partner relationship with them, one could hope.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

inferno_flamex

The impression that i get from Groover (at least what VNDB tells us; the old company that became Overdrive)... Is that its currently... dead.. or somesorts. With perhaps most, if not all, of their staffs branching off and became Overdrive.

And looking at the list of games that they created...

Apperently, aside from an odd title.. They created only 3 other games, of which ALL are GreenGreen series... A total of 4 titles altogether.

Sure we can hope.. But what scares me abit is...

ONE) the impression this is going to have on fan translators
TWO) The posibility of a separate company besides MangaGamer to get the rights for GreenGreen series.

... *shrugs.. I donno.. I guess what im trying to say is that its alittle 'bittersweet' u know.. So close, yet so far.. Kinda thing.

Zyibis

I see your point, and I agree with it being 'bittersweet'. All we can do is have hope that some company or a fan group translates it.

inferno_flamex

Well... I just talked with.. uhh.. 'someone I HUUGELY respect becoz of his contributions to the fan translated VN community'...

Well.. I asked his oppinion about 'thoughts of GreenGreen in English'...

And not surprisingly... I was told that the posibility of having GreenGreen translated, is actually very slim... VEERYY SLIM...

Well.. I dont think i should go into EXACT details, maybe just quite yet... Coz... I do respect his words, and forwarding it here without his consent is.. Well.. Im sorry.. But that's just how i am.

But in short... I was told that... GreenGreen's chances are slim because its an old game to begin with... And it being an old game, there are tons of other games that are newer AND better than it out there. So yeah... It was good back then, but as of now there's more VNs that are worth translating but not yet been translated...

And also i guess.. The chances that it would get localized officially, is almost none, becoz of the 'old' thing..

Soooo... That means that maybe perhaps that the only way a company would translate it.. If there's an actual high demand for it... *shrugs...

PS. If given permission, i'll post his responses soon i guess.. (there might be something personal.. *shrugs*) but as of right now... I apologize, please make do with this for now.

inferno_flamex

Sorry for the doublepost.. but yeah... Soo.. I officially got the 'feel free to quote' me from the man himself.. XDDD

TakaJun... Translator to Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, Wanko to Kurasou, Sengoku Rance, Swan Song, just to name afew; staff of Yandare translations & mirrormoon.. Loves imoutos.. XDD

Salutes to the guy... So i guess i could go onto a little more detail. So here we go...
Note that these are just my thoughts on the matter of what Taka said.

"Green Green is too old a game for anyone to consider translating. It was good back in the days, but it'll be like releasing Mario Bro. 1 in this time and age. Today, there are so many more games which has refined what Green Green did, and honestly, Green Green does not even compare to the games released around now... I think it was the first of its kind when most people played it, so it tends to be a bit overrated by these people. "

So yeah.. Woah.. Honestly.. i did not expect that.. I mean.. I personally watched GreenGreenTV and tot that it was kinda funny. Thus entertaining. Kinda expected the VN to be among a similar caliber. As a gamer.. Taka mentioned later that using Mario Bro was alittle of an exageration to get his point across.. But still... The point was understood. So this was perhaps the biggest shock for me...

"As for MangaGamer, Overdrive is different from the company that made Green Green. Yes, it's the same people mostly... Green Green is like a prototype of Edelweiss... I don't see why they'd want to go through the trouble of translating Green Green."

So yeah.. The chances of it getting officially translated, it seems.. might be a no...

"I personally think 2 and 3 may be decent games to translate, but it wouldn't make much sense to translate them before 1... they're not dependent on each other, but there's too much connection between them to release, say, 3 without releasing 1's translation."

Definitely GreenGreen1 is perhaps the biggest problem here. Its just too old, but yet carries quite a chuck of the whole plot it seems.

What does this mean? Im honestly not sure to be honest. I mean.. We could still hope right? But then again, as Taka said, GreenGreen is an old title... I checked.. and i agree.. Maybe those that would benefit a translation of it the most would be 'longtime greengreen misfits' like us.. XDDDD Im starting to think that i'd rather not read the VN if the VN is not as good as the memory of the anime i have...

but hey..That's my oppinion... What about you guys?