News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Visual Novel translation status (updated on October 20th 2013)

Started by Mana, November 09, 2010, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFreak

It's probably not very hard relatively speaking, but having had the past ~25 years to learn English means I've got a ways to go before reading VNs in Japanese becomes as intuitive as reading them in English is. I wish someone would take over where the other groups left off, but that seems like a no-no in the VN translation scene. Plus I'm guessing no one wants to start something that big when you don't know if the old group will suddenly release something close to finished making all your work wasted.

Oh well. 719/~2300. At least once I'm done I can tell people what their stupid Kanji tattoos REALLY say.

Geckoey Lurker

To each their own paces. Keep it up. I'm nowhere close to reading Japanese as intuitively as I read English or French, however, haha. Not yet anyway.
Yet to personally meet anyone with any Japanese tattoos, sadly.

In practice, one would attempt to contact the 'old group' to see if it's worth putting the effort into this or if they can continue where they left, although that can lead to some... inconsistencies due to translator change and all that. With some luck, would be able to get a straight answer.

I must admit I'm interested in translating... but my skills are nowhere near where I'd want them to be, in both Japanese and English, nor do I have the confidence to go through a huge project such as a visual novel, so anything I translate for now is remaining private and that may remain like that for years or ever.

KoutoutekiSonzai

"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven