News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[H-Game][RPG] Castle Fantasia Renewal 2

Started by laplacian, August 23, 2009, 05:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laplacian

_______
The 200 year long war between Lushiera and Injiera continues. This is the story of a hero who changes the course of this neverending war and the lives of people around him.

In Castle Fantasia 2 you play as Hewie, commander of the seventh holy knight corps. He has a keen mind for strategy and tactics, seeing through and predicting enemy plans. However, his laid-back attitude causes him to be kept in a low regard by his commanding officers, friends and even his subordinates.
______

Download links: Provided by "eskimo bill"
rapidgator.net/Castle_Fan_2.part1.rar.html
rapidgator.net/Castle_Fan_2.part2.rar.html
rapidgator.net/Castle_Fan_2.part3.rar.html
rapidgator.net/Castle_Fan_2.part4.rar.html

As I can't find the original english patch site anymore I'm gonna to upload the patch to Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/270323845/castlefantasia2r_eng.rar

Please follow the instructions from "Install Instructions - Read FIRST!.txt" inside the patch rar before installing the game!

Sicksorrow

Believe it or not for a strategy RPG this game is actually good... A++ upload my friend.
Where is my escape?
I don't want yours
but you swallow me whole.

KouKiMoNsTa

Blanchimont

To install this I used the 'brute' method mentioned by multiple32 on the hshare thread;

1. Create folder where you desire to have it (doesn't need to be system drive)
2. Install Indeo video codec if you don't have it (not sure if cccp has it, but to be sure I installed it separately (v5.11)...)
3. Copy all contents of disc1 to that folder (open disc in explorer view instead of clicking autorun)
4. Copy game03.dat from disc2 and overwrite the one in the folder.
5. Copy all contents of disc3 to the folder, overwrite if prompted
6. Extract English patch to folder and overwrite if prompted.
7. Apply bugfix (Mentioned in Paul's post above, extract to the folder and run)
(Most crashes should now be omitted, though do expect a few to still happen, and trying to load a save from a battle still seems to do the same...)
8. Make sure you choose "Use software emulation" from the prompt if launching the game in window mode, or have display set to High Color (16bit)

^ It's essentially analogous to the original instructions except with the 'install´(autorun) part omitted.
I´m on win7 64bit, so should work with most...

raven

I wish more groups are interested in translating Ego-studio stuff. I'm quite fond of their games.

saihamaru

i followed blanchimont's steps but i still can't start the exe =___=;
i'm using win7 32bit

===edit===
it's doing alright before i copied the english patch...
patching it with the bugfix doesn't help
tried running it in windows98 compatibility like the readme.txt said, but didn't help either

===edit 2===
tried changing the game00.dat back to the original.... it's working... but the text back to japanese T__T

so i think the problem lies in the patch's game00.dat... could someone upload that file which is working fine?
thank you

==edit 3===
repaired the english patch's RAR and copied the game00.dat again
it's now working fine :D
[Signature removed because it was outdated]

sogo57

laplacian

sogo57

Thanks. I have visted the first link before coming here. Seems that there are some audio issues with their upload. Thanks for telling me about the second one.