News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[H-VN][English]Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! S (Majikoi! S)

Started by Geckoey Lurker, February 01, 2012, 12:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seipher

Weird, if i put it in and start the game, it was all in Japanese except her route. Ah well, the others dont matter now anyway :p

CFreak

I've been meaning to ask this, but kept forgetting: Is not being able to see the movie clips in the game a common problem? None of the ending movies or any other animated sequence in the game will play for me. I can play the opening and ending movies from the Movie folder just fine outside the game, but in-game they simply don't show up.

Is this a common issue or is my computer just being weird?

*Edit*
Fixed it, can't believe I didn't try this earlier: Changing the folder name from the original 真剣で私に恋しなさい!S to a romanized name made them play just fine -_-

Unfortunately, this made all my extras and saves vanish since apparently it doesn't access the correct folder in my documents anymore and instead creates a new one in garbled symbols, maybe because I'm using applocale instead of Japanese region. Hopefully it's as easy as copying the files over and it'll work.

Geckoey Lurker

They freeze for me the first time they play, but they work after I go back to the message right before them.
You aren't miss anything important. Most of them are basically just very short animated combat sequences.

@Edit
Welp, that didn't change anything for me. They still freeze, I'm not really sure why.

CFreak

I was testing them from the extras menu, I'm not sure if they work in-game since I just message skipped to get them to show up in the extras folder.

*edit*

I made a mistake that I just realised now. The reason it worked wasn't because I renamed my folder, it was because I misclicked "run as administrator" instead of "Japanese Applocale" after I had renamed the folder, and I didn't notice. This created the garbled save folder in my documents and made the movies work from the extras menu. If I start the game with Japanese Applocale again the movies won't play anymore. However, the game can only run without Applocale for me if the folder name is in romanized text, otherwise it just gives a garbled error message. So in a sense I wasn't totally wrong about the folder name thing working.

Sadly running it without applocale makes the text look horrible, but at least now I can go back and watch the clips later on if I want to.

*Edit 2*

Uhhh... Well, it seems like if I run the game without applocale and watch the (non-ending) movies from the extras menu, they get extracted from the game and put in the save folder as MPG files, which makes them viewable from the extras menu when I run the game WITH applocale later on. What kind of programming voodoo is this game? O_o

*Edit 3*

Well, I moved the movie clips from the save folder and to the game's Movie folder and restarted the game. Now they still work with applocale enabled, and if I run the game without applocale it doesn't extract them to the save folder anymore and just reads them from the Movie folder too. They also seem to run just fine in-game.

Geckoey Lurker

... I'm clueless, but that really sounds like pure magic to me. Nothing of the sort happens here.

alquimio_125

Do not know if this is going to here, but I wonder if someone else has this happened ....
I did run the game using AppLocale but although you can play, it does show corrupted characters.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I'm new to the Eroges but is this normal? Is it just may show well the game with ''change system locale....''?
P.D. Sorry for my bad English.

Geckoey Lurker

Yes, changing your system locale's to Japan (Japanese) might fix this.

How-to (for Win7):

• Click Start Button
  • Control Panel
  • Clocks, Languages & Regions
  • Regional & Languages Settings
  • Administration (The Last Tab to the Right)
  • Modify the regional parameters...
  • Select "Japanese (Japan)" and Restart the Computer.

Edit:
Oh, and yeah, it is somewhat normal for this to happens in (non-officially translated) visual novels. The best way to be sure is always to try AppLocale first and if that doesn't work, try changing your System's Locale.

Semut1

Excuse me, I just know that there is "Koyuki Route" from Wairu Translation, can anyone tell me how to play her route?

Thanks  :) 

Geckoey Lurker

To access the Childhood and Koyuki's route, iirc, you have to basically finish every routes - tutorial aside.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Reminder that Koyuki's route isn't translated, however, Wairu is in the middle of translating it.

Semut1

Awwww Man, it means that I have to finish all of character's route, right?

Allright, that's not the real problem, because I really love to play VN Games, the problem is when you play VN Games that has not been translated, but you can't read the Japanese text and you don't know what's the meaning of it, so you don't know about the story in it, it is quite irritating, because I think the stories from each character of "Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai S" game is great too

If you don't mind, can you share your completed saved game?
or
can you give me a tips to play VN games? At least, I can know what's the meaning of the Japanese text in the game and the story about it when I play to complete each routes.

Thank You  :)

Geckoey Lurker

Me trying to summarize every of the untranslated routes would take far too long, and my memory isn't that great, so that's impossible. Haha.

I can share my save file though: (Don't remember if I 100%'d it)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1nued51sdfdy0b3
Default save folder is at " C:\Users\*YOUR WINDOWS' ACCOUNT NAME*\Documents\みなとそふと\真剣で私に恋しなさい!S "

Edit: Actually, I just saw that's not what you were suggesting. If there's anything I can suggest if you want to read Japanese without actually knowing the language, and that you're ready to go through ton of butchered text, then you can try using AGTH/ITH with a Machine Translator (Atlas or wtvr). This could help.
I couldn't do it, personally.

Semut1

Thank you very much, your saved game is very helpful :D

Edit:
Thank you for Your advice, I will try it :)

martinez

CFreak

Which one? She has 2 different ones depending on what you answer after the competition when she confesses to you.

martinez

Which one? She has 2 different ones depending on what you answer after the competition when she confesses to you.
both are great. but I like the scene when Tsubame tricked Yamato better. A little bit naughty  ;D