News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[H-Game][RPG][Partial English] Men at Work 1-4

Started by CFreak, April 19, 2015, 06:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFreak

Click pictures to go to the VNDB pages. The descriptions for the third and fourth games are nearly identical and also full of mistakes.

This is the DVD collection with all 4 games together. Only Men at Work 2 was ever translated, unfortunately, but for the most part the games are playable with minimal Japanese knowledge.

These games all take place in the same European-themed setting where monsters roam the world and people with the talent for killing them are called "Hunters". While most people with the talent for killing monsters are women, there are a few men who are born with the talent as well, and you play as one such man in each game. The first and second games are closely tied time-line wise with a few recurring characters, after which a few hundred years pass before the third and fourth games take place (again with a few recurring characters).

The last two games are somewhat different from the first two in that you attend a magic academy in both of them, and you decide which classes to attend and which spells to learn from said classes. At night you assemble your harem party and break curfew (this is encouraged) in order to fight monsters and gain experience. Story progress is dependent on how far you've explored at night, so if you want you can take as much time as you like leveling up and learning more magic before progressing the story.

Downloads:
Mediafire Folder (contains the DVD and the English patch for MaW2)

Walkthroughs:
Men at Work 1
Men at Work 2
Men at Work 3
Men at Work 4

Except for the Men at Work 2 walkthrough, these are in Japanese so Google translate might help. Also note that Men at Work 2 has an enforced playing order where only 2 of the girls are possible to get on the first run through, after which 2 more are unlocked and once you have beaten all 4, the last one unlocks. Incidentally the last girl is the canon one although I don't think it's mentioned anywhere except for in one specific path in Men at Work 4.

Also note that these games are OLD. They might not have aged as gracefully as you might have wanted. I am just putting them up here for people who might have missed them and who might have the same unreasonable affection for Studio e.go as I do.

In addition, there is an issue with Men at Work 2 where using items outside of combat can cause the game to crash or behave erratically. Try to avoid using them outside of combat if possible.

CFreak

By the way, if anyone has or knows a place that has the Studio e.go games My Fair Angel and/or Izumo 2 lying around, I'd love to know because my copies were burned on DVDs that turned out to be corrupted and I would really like to play them again now that I know enough Japanse to at least be able to get the gist of what's happening.

Kureha

Request fullfilled, check out the Raw section.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

CFreak

Thanks a lot! The My Fair Angel one seems like a no-go with no sources, but the Izumo collection is working and despite having only one seed and a few peers it is proceeding briskly (relatively speaking).

I'll probably split them up and see about getting them uploaded somewhere non-torrenty if only for the sake of preservation. They might not be very good games by most standards but it would be a terrible shame to have them be lost to time, especially now that Studio e-go! no longer exists.