News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[H-VN][Partial English] Dracu-Riot!

Started by Geckoey Lurker, May 06, 2012, 08:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

Developer: Yuzusoft
Release Date: 2012-03-30

VNDB

Description :
  (VNDB's)
Yuuto accompanies his friend to Aqua Eden, a special island city (to find some hookers). During their visit, the protagonist by chance tries to prevent a kidnapping but... somehow he got turned into a vampire instead!

And so he starts attending a vampires only school. Interestingly because the perceptions of vampires are different from those of human beings, he found several girls who were irresistibly attractive to him, in a sexual way, for some random reason...

And so begins our protagonist's new life of ero-happenings!

Game Downloads :
NyaaTorrents : Nyaa
Note : Use the below Update and not the one provided with the torrent

Translation Team :
Staircase Subs

Official Patches/Bugfixes :
Update V1.2 : mediafire
Windows 8 x64 Compatibility Patch: http://holyseal.homeip.net:8000/mirror4/yuzu-soft/dracuriot/DRACURIOT_win8x64patch.zip

English Patch :
Cirno Patch 2.0 : http://staircasesubs.com/2013/09/09/dracu-riot-partial-patch/ - Post
^Translate the Common Route, and Elina's Route - maybe more, someone confirm please.
You might also see characters from Hoshimemo in a few backgrounds. (Not sure if that's still the case)

Prologue Patch (V2) : mediafire - Post

KoutoutekiSonzai

I can't help but wonder what weird tweaking they'll do with the patch on this project.  Bat pics instead of cgs?  The character's parents liking cock?  Maybe their trial patch will change your desktop wallpaper and cursors again?  I really am looking forward to this project and I do appreciate their efforts, but I wish they'd stop the lame-ass practical jokes.
"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

Geckoey Lurker

Already tested up to Chapiter 2 (where the TL finishes) and everything's just fine. No CGs changed. Unless I was dumb enough to not notice the jokes or my brain automatically filtered them. Really, they are a good team, though a bit on the immature side.

Though, Insem did admits that he was really getting irritated with their previous project near the end and that they did release it quickly for some reason I forget.. and it happened to be on the 1st of April. Losing their Editor didn't help at all either, since he was in work of "fixing" the lines into proper english instead of tasteless and stupid ones.

Don't be too harsh, Koutouteki, or am I the too forgiving one? Do admit the trial patch one was a pain at first though.

KoutoutekiSonzai

I don't think this is about being too harsh or forgiving.  I'm just wary of them because every patch I've gone through so far has had some kind of nasty surprise in it.  So, every time I run a patch I can't help but wonder what they put in it this time.  Now, this doesn't stop me from enjoying their work as a whole, since they do pick good titles and supply a good translation overall, but I find that playing these pranks does diminish the work at least in some small way.  This makes no sense to me.  Why go through all the hard work to make a good translation and then purposely create a blemish on it?  They weren't the first to do this either, so I'm not just singling them out.  NNL did the same thing with Ef and their whole SUPAH thing in their original translation.  I guess it just irritates me on a professional level.
"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

Geckoey Lurker

Hmm, well, I can understand being wary after all they have been releasing, only their last patch being the jokeless one. Thing is I can't help but not think of Fan Translation as Professional, which is probably why I don't even expect as much from them, there is only few teams I expect real quality from and that's only because they have shown it from their works. Staircase just isn't amongst them.

Either way, I'm gonna go and hope they calm down a bit on their tasteless jokes if not completely, latter would be preferable.

tiberius

NNL did the same thing with Ef and their whole SUPAH thing in their original translation.  I guess it just irritates me on a professional level.

In NNL's defense, the whole SUPAH thing in the ef translation was a reference to Wind ~Breath of Heart~ the previous minori game they worked on, not some random stupid trolling.    Although, NNL is legendary for stupid random trollling.

With Staircase, I never bothered with with them until version 1.1 of the Hoshizora no Memoria patch, but I have to agree, the trolling is tiresome and it does diminish their work.    Even in version 1.1 there was a meme here and there the script.    One of the characters says "what is this I don't even"  at one point in the conversation.     It makes their whole group look foolish 

KoutoutekiSonzai

Interestingly, I've gone through fan translations that are much more polished than other professional works.  I've read through a master's thesis recently that confirmed this.  Professional translators have timelines that cause less problematic issues to be ignored so that the text can be translated by the deadline.  Among VNs, in particular, I find that fan translators are better than professional ones.  You don't need to work in the industry to have a professional attitude, but Staircase comes up short in this regard.
-- Raven

Geckoey Lurker

@tiberius
I believe those, most of them anyway, were fixed in 1.2. I didn't check myself, but at least "1000" lines shoulda been fixed now.

@Koutouteki
I agree with you, but, while it does have an effect on it, the quality wasn't exactly what I am talking about. What I meant are the odds of getting "trolls" included in a release are really less likely in a professional one compared to a fan translated one. Deadlines can be a pain and sometime really degrades the end result though. That aside.

Didn't mention the industry either, but that is indeed true as well. To be honest, if you removed the jokes and put an actually good Editor (one that actually get in good terms with Insem too) in Staircase, I'm quite sure they would be decently professionals and rather fast ones at that.

KoutoutekiSonzai

Alright, I see what you mean.  The occurrence of trolls in the translation was something I placed in the quality aspect of the overall project.  Given their track record though, I'm doubtful that they would ever stop putting trolls in their patches.  Of course, that may change.  If they don't put any in this project at all, then I would humbly tip my hat to them because I do agree that they do provide a speedy and good translation.
-- Raven

justinefremlouw

It's not even that big of a deal anyway...I played starting from 1.1 and only had to get rid of the dolphin folder the first time I ran it.
Plus, the "what is this I don't even" line actually fit (and wasn't really a mistranslation either, although it's very liberal) and I cracked up when it came up

lolineko

This is more like a teaser release, because the prologue of this game is really short, while some other eroge has quite long prologue before route branching. So far, there is no immature jokes whatsoever.
The basic premise is quite interesting. It's much better than "returning to hometown after several years, meet childhood friends and got laid". LOL. I hope there will be antagonist of some sort.

Sazabi_MKII

I hope there will be antagonist of some sort.

if there was, it'd be a female who would easily fall for the protag after a good dicking  ::)

praesepe

/vg/ had an amusing chunk of a thread a couple days ago discussing how utterly wrong some of the lines in the prologue patch were.

As a warning, this is 4chan so they aren't always nice about tagging spoilers and SFW images. There's a particularly obnoxious spoiler for Muvluv within the first 5 posts, probably best to avoid if you haven't played it, or at least don't look at the thread until the page fully loads.

http://archive.foolz.us/vg/thread/5171460/#5203590

I think the consensus was he's either really bad at translating or is just trolling. If so, maybe there weren't any blatant trolls like cg replacement, but it seems like he's set on getting his cheap thrills by ruining it some other way.

KoutoutekiSonzai

To be fair, the translation hasn't been through editing yet and will catch a lot of those errors.  Also, a good amount of the posts are merely nitpicking.  Anyone who knows more than one language will find that certain things are up to some interpretation--the Japanese language especially.  The essential meaning is still there, but some people would have the translation always be done in a certain way, which is pretty much impossible.  This is compounded by keeping the meaning while allowing the sentence to make sense in another language.  So, yeah, those obvious errors will probably be fixed later and the rest aren't really errors at all.  If you hang out at 4chan enough, you'll find that any discussion about translation will likely boil down to something like this.
-- Raven

Korassu

It looks interesting so far, the only problem i had with the translation was the name change they did a bit in the beginning. It was slightly funny the first time i saw it, but it got old pretty quick. I guess its possible its in the original version of the game, never played it unedited though. Though if it was a joke, atleast it only last for a few lines each time.