News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[H-VN] Conquering the Queen

Started by Ivan, November 04, 2011, 09:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yagami

Thx ^^

Seipher

Just curious without spoiling anything, How many choices do you make? Ive played a few hours and so far ive only had 1 choice.

DaimonFrey

I think that there is four choices(and endings) in total.

tsukino_kage

Personally, I don't think it is poor databases. I think it's a conspiracy by the software companies to make sure no one uses cracks.

Joranat

It's not a problem of database, it's a problem of compaker. Ths soft used to reduce the size of the .exe is one that, by largely reducing the size of the file, affect the antivirus capability to analyse it.

So most antivirus just consider any .exe compaked by these softs as dangerous.

Mizuno

yeah it's the software that was used to pack or encrypt the exe/files
many AVs blacklist the packers/encryptors because it's also the common packers for many malwares
they use those for generic detections(to catch more malware)
and that's why there's lots of false positives for this things

Mana

I referred the database because that way they don't have to add everything that's bad. It's their lazy way of "offering protection".

poiso

Heuristics are not so much about "don't have to add everything that's bad" as much as "proactive defense against future threats.

They essentially try to detect new variations of old virii. Unfortunately any kind of executable compression is usually considered one of the ways to obfuscate the real code in the executable. You should always read what the virus warning says. If it's "heuristic detection, generic trojan..." or something similar, it's usually fairly safe to ignore. On the other hand if it's an exact match, it's usually a real infection.

inferno_flamex

Is it just me? Or does the game feel very much linear? I've been playing for about 2hours or so, and there are no signs of any form of 'choices'.

... ...
Maybe its just me... After all, its been awhile since I had the time to actually play VNs.

DaimonFrey

Not surprising considering that there is only about 4 choices through the game. So everybody can easily finish it with all scenes unlocked.

saihamaru

the story only differs near the end...
but yeah, you'll have to skip through thousands of text to get the other 2 endings
the first option is the first branch, even if it doesn't look like that
[Signature removed because it was outdated]