News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[H-VN] Wanko to Kurasou

Started by laplacian, November 11, 2009, 07:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saihamaru

lol, reading this thread made me replay the game, but now the fonts are weird ("i" characters are a little out of place)
i reinstalled the windows several times since i last play it, and i forget how to fix the font problem... help please?
[Signature removed because it was outdated]

Geckoey Lurker

No problems with fonts here. I don't remember doing anything special for them either.

I think all you have to do for that is have Japanese Locale on or use Applocale but
from what I read Applocale seems to be bring in some crashes at some scenes. See for yourself.

EDIT : I tested with Normal Local and with it the text is a total mess.
Applocale make it less messy but it is still there and True Japanese Locale make it perfectly fine.

saihamaru

my computer is always in jap locale from the moment i install it, so i don't think that's the case
if i remember it right, i was supposed to install a font, but i forget which one

Geckoey Lurker

My bad, I really didn't remember anything about any fonts so I was gonna do some test to see and when I decided to uninstall the game it asks me if I want to remove the "Sazanami Gothic WTK font".

I guess that's it. Download it there.

I think it is supposed to be included in the english patch which should automatically install it.

miganders

Are there any other visual novels involving anthropoid pets?
It's a long standing fetish of mine  :P

saihamaru

@geckoey : ah thx, the game and english patch was installed since before i reinstall my OS, and it's still playable without have to be reinstalled, so that's why XD
@miganders : tlwiki have 1 on-going(or dead) project with anthropoid pets called Pure-Pure

miganders

@miganders : tlwiki have 1 on-going(or dead) project with anthropoid pets called Pure-Pure

I took a look at it.
All of my hnnngggg

I am a dirty, dirty pervert, I will admit that.

Geckoey Lurker

It's alright, miganders. There is a lots more of us around here.

Mana

From the VNTS thread, it's still going on. It will probably take two or more years to complete, but isn't dead.

Yossarian762

I get tired of dumbass bland protagonists too but I feel like Yuuichi's cynicism is overdone and makes him pretty severely dissonant with the rest of the game he's in sometimes. He has some reasons for being like that considering his backstory I guess but sometimes I can't shake the feeling he's a kind of a self-insert for the dime-a-dozen socially awkward misanthropes that populate large chunks of the internet.

Maybe that's just my reaction to occasionally seeing people gush over him, though, since you could interpret the dissonance as making him intentionally unsympathetic at times since he's such a party pooper.

[spoiler]Not to mention offering to pimp Risa out, basically, to pay for Silvie. He doesn't do it in the end but if he did, man, that'd be so far over the line. The fact that he actually offered to, perfectly seriously, is kind of messed up in and of itself.[/spoiler]

saihamaru

i don't care about him at all
all i care about was Risa :3

KoutoutekiSonzai

I don't remember the whole pimp out thing, but it's been several years since I went through this, so that is to be expected.  I wouldn't cast him in such a negative light, but I will agree that he's one step away from being a sociopath.  At the time of this game's translation, however, the genre was simply oversaturated with the lame goof type of protagonist and, as such, really appreciated him at the time.  Also, his cynical nature made his relationship with the other characters more compelling, since he was finally able to break a little out of his shell and rely on them.  Not too much, mind you, but enough to keep it realistic.  I'm kind of tempted to go through the game again to see if I still feel the same way in light of your comments.
"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven