News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Visual Novel translation status (updated on October 20th 2013)

Started by Mana, November 09, 2010, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mana

That retard who doesn't even know what train carriages are? I just read the Amagami posts and told him to fuck off.

KoutoutekiSonzai

The carriage thing was part of it, but the resulting posts quickly put the person in their place and I encourage showing that North American English is not the only type of English.  It was all the bickering over the translated sentence's structure that went on forever that I was talking about.  I'll be the first to admit that the sentence used awkward phrasing, but not to point that it required a flame war over proper usage of the subject->verb->object within the sentence.  If I was reading the VN, I would have just kept reading because the context would have made it clear anyway rather than rage over minor grammatical errors.
"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

Mana

The people who complain about those things are the same ones that think that they are above what they criticize and end up doing nothing at all. I usually insult them and leave them talking by themselves.

Green_Tea

KoutoutekiSonzai

"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

Mana

Fiske

Anyone got an idea what aroduc is working on this time?

KoutoutekiSonzai

There hasn't been a lot of discussion about it.  I've heard that it's either a long doujin game or something involving pachinko.  Either way, it's a lot smaller than Kamidori.  Chapter 3 of the project was finished recently, but I haven't been hearing any other hints.
-- Raven

Fiske

Seems like you are the one to contact for information hehe

Devmastuh

"A tracker for these threads put together by Tinfoil: http://vntls.tindabox.net/"

Okay this site is freakin' awesome.

KoutoutekiSonzai

Yeah, it's good for viewing the history of progress or seeing what happened to dead/stalled projects.  There seems to be some confusion about the fact that guy that made that site is the VNTS guy, but it isn't.
-- Raven

Mana

Without the thread itself that clarifies several things about the projects, it's useless.

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/9037058

The good news:  The next F/HA patch came out.  The bad news:  It's machine translated.  This probably explains the slow progress.  Mind you, the project has always been slow, but, in this case, it likely has to do with editing the machine translated rubbish into proper English.  Must be hell on the editor.  The patch only goes up to 52%, since it only covers the fully edited material done so far.
-- Raven

Fiske

For how long have they been doing machine translation?