News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[SRPG] Widenyo

Started by lulubu, July 30, 2013, 07:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lulubu

Note this is not H-Game:
Nanus, the prince of Mamatoto has created a machine that is able to summon heroes from other universes. With their help he intends to explore an infinitely deep cave.
http://torrents.thepiratebay.sx/8021516/[Fuwanovel]_Widenyo_-English-.8021516.TPB.torrent

copy and paste the url i dont know how to post it properly

Geckoey Lurker

This belongs in the All Ages category if it doesn't contains any H-Scenes (whether or not it has ecchi nuances, too).

There is also no way to properly "post" this link unless we play with the site's code. Brackets are against the usual URL regulations.
Either way, only need the part you did link for it to works anyway, thanks to how TPB works. http://torrents.thepiratebay.sx/8021516/
Also, here's the actual page instead of the direct link: http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8021516/

Thanks for the game, by the way, although I won't play it myself.

On that note, this has been out for a while actually, and if I remember right the translation isn't among.. well, the best ones.

Green_Tea

Geckoey Lurker

Fuwanovel haven't translated anything, a bit rude to say that when all they do is distribute VNs without actually doing anything to them besides stripping them of their set-up, which I can't really speak against as I do basically distribute them as well here. Well.. Konozora being an exception... and even then, the bits they seems to have translated/re-translated were kinda terrible.

However, I do recommend against their torrents as pre-installed games have all the reasons to not work the way they should, but whatever works for the leechers.

Dusk

Not all of their works/torrents/releases allows you to play without installing, though.

Also, there's really no reason not to accept pre-installed games. The only things that need to work right are saving games, playing movies, and normal gameplay/script+audio sync. It's not like the quality of the art or audio decreases, or something similar that differentiate it from a regular ISO release. What I play in this release is exactly the same as what you would get when you install the game from an installation exe. I mean, tons of groups release steam games like this for years now. There's really no need to dismiss their work, and insult the leechers for being uninformed just because they are getting their releases. Plus, even when they do release something with bugs, they always release a new proper version after they've gotten the bug reports. You can't deny that they are responsible people.

There are also other groups that releases VNs like this, albiet in other languages, that I regularly download. Your dismissal of one group is just as good as dismissing every other hardworking groups out there doing the same stuff. And frankly, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone say something like this. I hope you weren't just trying to be elite or anything like that. If I'm mistaken, then you have my apologies. But next time, please, at least explain your stance better than just saying something doesn't work the way it should. Someone might actually just take your words for it, without ever knowing why exactly. He might then go tell some of this friends about this too, and that is exactly how misunderstandings and arguments happen.

Geckoey Lurker

I apologize if I did sound like that, I wasn't really calling the leechers as being uninformed either, it just seemed like the appropriate word to use at the moment, I consider myself to be a leecher so I barely see it with that kind of nuance.

As for the pre-installs thing. I am just sharing what I experienced personally, about every VNs I have tried to get through them have ended in pain, although I guess it was by raw luck that all the ones I got from Fuwanovel were pre-install, brief, in at least 3/4 of the cases I had to fix things on my end so the problem may very well have been on my side and not theirs, it's just that I never had any issues by having to install through the image files instead (the sole issue I've ever had for VNs in that case was with Eden *, and it's because it was a pretty special case and that I could only manage to install it on a WinXP VM due to OS and Country limitations.)

I am just advising against pre-installs in general, not necessarily just Fuwanovel's, however there are cases where it's the only way it'll work for some and I do understand that, plus my PC may be the culprit in my case, so there's that as well. I also have to admit that I, quite honestly, do not follow any of the English releases site (albeit for VNs, Games, etc) besides here, simply because I do not use them anymore so it is more than possible that any of what I said is out-right outdated.

I have no idea how Fuwanovel works in any sides be it for their fix patches or their releases, so I immensely apologize if I did bring any kind of misunderstanding and/or unintentionally insulted anyone.

However, my point about their restoration patch for Konozora being a bit bad stands, although I am hoping that the quality will rocket-up in the future. In the first place, I hardly qualify to be able to TLC to start with as I'm only an Intermediate at Japanese at best, and my English is pretty awkward most of the time, so I should probably just keep that to myself.

Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. I never really think about what I'm posting and how it might affect others, really sorry about that.

Edit:
I don't really see why I would even consider myself to be an elite, actually, haha. I barely communicate with the community in general, and I don't even do anything for it besides the occasional upload on here, the only thing I could think of is being able to read Japanese but that's about it, that is nothing to brag about, imo.

Dusk

Thank you for the understanding reply. Haha. I'm not gonna defend their attempt at modifying the English release of Konozora, because it really is bad. At this point, it would really be easier for me to just dig up the Japanese version from my external HD and play that instead. Seeing as how it's probably a one-time thing, I don't see a point in hating on them for their attempt either. Sorry for accusing you of being a know-it-all. But hey, at least it's cleared up now.

Btw, I get what you mean. I used to envy those guys who know Japanese enough to watch anime without subs. And then I went and learn Japanese. Now that I can watch shows and play VNs just by listening (sometimes with Japanese subs, though), I don't see anything cool about it anymore. It feels as natural as breathing to me. And it applies to all other skills too, like drawing, in my case.

Alright, nice talk. See you around, then. Have a good morning/afternoon/evening.