News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[H-VN] Rougoku no Miss Leet ~Fukushuu no Inyaku Choukyou~

Started by Mana, November 30, 2010, 01:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sazabi

inferno_flamex

Soo... Mana... After getting the 3 files...

Misleet Dl.7z.001
Misleet Dl.7z.002
Misleet Dl.7z.003

What do I do with it?...

Im assuming there's some kinda programe i've gotta use to... 'combine' the 3 files?
Having tried WinRar... It doesnt work.

joachim

try 7zip, in the future to make downloading this parts file easier, use jdownloader, it will automatically combine it for you

Mana

They were created with 7zip, so you don't need to combine anything. The most recent versions of Winrar can also deal with 7z files.

laplacian

I hate those 7z.00x files. I never know if it's a file split by 7zip or a big 7zip file split by hjsplit ~~.

Mana

It's the fault of dumb people who split compressed files with hjsplit. Those programs already have ways to split the files.

Assassinator

I hate those 7z.00x files. I never know if it's a file split by 7zip or a big 7zip file split by hjsplit ~~.

It doesn't matter whether you split with 7zip, or 7zip then split with an external direct splitter, the end result is the same.  You can use HJSplit to join a file split with 7zip, or use 7zip on a file split with HJSplit, and both should still work.  So there's absolutely no reason to worry about that.

Note: That's just for 7zip, Winrar uses it's own method of splitting stuff that's different.  But then again, you shouldn't be using Winrar.  Also, FFSJ > HJSplit.

Mana

But then again, you shouldn't be using Winrar.

There are files that Winrar compresses better than 7zip, and I've also found a couple of archives that 7zip can't handle.

Assassinator

But then again, you shouldn't be using Winrar.

There are files that Winrar compresses better than 7zip, and I've also found a couple of archives that 7zip can't handle.

Winrar has some specialized routines for certain data types like raw audio, etc.  So yeah, it may be better for some specific content.

But it's too :effort: to compress everything twice (more if you also include stuff like UHA) and see which turns out smaller, and 7zip is pretty much always smaller like 95% of time anyway, so I just use that for everything.

Green_Tea

Hgnnnnn~

I'll start using 7zip then. I have both, and JD auto does the joining thing, but I guess when I'm uploading.

sazabi

considered switching over to 7zip but just so used to winrar

Kureha

I still use WinRar most of the time and 7zip x64 for the occasional special file, WinRar is faster most of the time anyway.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

sazabi

laplacian

Meh I just use the winrar option to combine multiple files without any compression. 

Compressing big files takes too long for me, even with a quad core, and the size of small files doesn't really bother me.

Genkaku

How do you apply the patch.xp3? Renaming it and replacing data.xp3 doesn't work. Is there some sort of tool I need to merge the 2?