News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048?

Started by Zyibis, April 30, 2010, 06:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zyibis

I have been interested in this game for awhile now but all I hear about it is that it's a waste of time. So I thought creating a topic here and getting some opinions will help me decide if I'll play it or not. What I'm looking for;

How well written is the story?
The battles, are they well done?
How are the H-scenes?

Stuff like that.

Kureha

I've personally not really played it, I just loaded the 100% save, the CGs were so so, not my cup of tea.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

inferno_flamex

... ...

I personally played the 'game' to completion.. BUT did not complete ALL THE GIRLS... there's a difference there...

hmm.. not really sure to call it a 'waste of time' tho.. I categorise it as a 'if you got time to waste' kinda game...

Heres my review on it.. on at least stuffs that i could still remember... >_>

GAMEPLAY:
Ever played Super Robot Wars/Taisen?... Now ever played the OLD GAMEBOY ADVANCE versions of that game. (Such as SRW A) That's how the gameplay is like.. But severely lacking in the 'epic move/animations' & Mecha crossovers goodness department... So it might actually be frustrating to those that hate games that makes your characters close ranks, and dig in. The only 'perk' you get during game is basically 'you save a chick getting alien-boss raped' scene if you go out of your group... or have those stupid alien AIs come towards your characters who have been diggin in for turns now... ... honestly its quite tedious... even for a SRW fan like me.

.edit : Oh some of the stage are quite well constructed tho. For example, being stuck in the middle of a locker room, and concentrated enemies coming from the North,S,E & W.. Because you're fighting in a locker room full of lockers... >_> So you have to arrange your formation according to the situation at times.

STORY: (Spoilers maybe? I try to keep it only within the general knowledge of the game.)
You command a group of elite alien hunting girls... Apparently i forgot WHY. but they are the only ones that could withstand the alien slime.. thingies... I guess normal women would die after prolong exposure or something ... ... but knowing its a H game, i think they get impregnated... i think, cant remember much... ... ...
That's it... Basically you get called onto the infestation scene, rescuing chicks from getting raped by tentacles while blasting aliens at the same time. New place gets infested, you get called again.. repeat... And you'll score with one of those hunter girls obviously... I think i managed to get 4 girls ending routes by my first playthrough.

GIRLS ROUTES:
You 'unlock' their routes as you use & level them up while in battles. The more you kill aliens with them, or sorty them, you'll unlock a short date scene with them after a specific 'point' i guess... Keep using them and eventually you'll end up with her H-scene. Each girls have their own routes and personalities.. But quite honestly, not much depth in them... The girls pretty much give the impression of 'I love you because you used me alot in this game' in the scenes i guess... since how they fall in love with you is not really solidly written and shown.

PERSONAL OPINION:
... Personally.. I think i kept on playing it because of my SRW fanboyish-ness. I admit, to be calling this game something similar to SRW is blasphemy. But this is the impression i get of the game. Its like trying to be a H version of SRW... but failed in so many ways, the game system is very very similar to the EARLY SRW games.

And to be honest, if you play it.. in years to come you'll be quite much like me... Nothing in particular strikes out about the game, story or the girls. Its just one of those games that you could play when u have spare time. Obviously for tentacle fans... but im not so into those myself so most scenes are just 'meh'... there are some good ones i guess... But i still cant remember any in particular.. XDDDDD

The only 'good points' about this game is the AMOUNT of scenes/girls i guess... With random girls getting tentacle raped almost every level. From tentacles, plants, to your basic human shaped alien dingdongs... You get a huge amount of CG i believe... But that is perhaps the game's strength as well as weakness... With too much 'random' scenes.. nothing about the story leaves you with any solid impression about the girls...

But hey.. those are just my oppinions..

(Edited parts about gameplay since i just remembered some other stuffs..)

Yossarian762

I tried it and didn't think it was very good as an h-game or as a turn based strategy game. If you have time to waste it's kind of fun but it's nothing special.

laplacian

stay away from it, the reward aint worth the work ~~

Not really many scenes with the main gals of the story, most of the hentai are just some random gals, with zero connection to you, getting raped by some aliens.
I'd rather recommend playing one of the decent strategy games we already got on this site.

(unless you luv tentacles >_<)

Mizuno

oh lol I remember this one
the battles are frustrating, your units have 95% accuracy but misses aliens multiple times
while the enemies have 20% and still seem not to miss >_<

Zyibis

It sounds like the game isn't my cup of tea. Thank you for you opinions, they really helped me get a feel on what this game is.