News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

Rules and Tags

Started by Kureha, September 01, 2010, 02:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kureha

Going to be fixing up, introducing new tags and blah blah blah

[KN] VN with no choices like Planetarian
[H-Game] Standard Nukige like Moero Down hill night.
[H-VN] Visual Novel with H-content
[VN] Visual Novel with no H-content Obsolete, Visual Novels with no H-content, belong in the All ages section.
[Yaoi] Boy x Boy
[Yuri] Girl x Girl
[English] English content Obsolete, if it's in this section and it's not tagged with [Partial Eng] it should be English
[Partial Eng] Partially in English (not fully translated)
[RPG] Role Playing Game, this includes jRPG sRPG and other RPG varients for now. Games with no H belong in the all ages section.
[Incomplete] Game not complete
[日本語] Japanese Raw Japanese Raws belong in the Raw section.

This is so things are easier to search for and tell what kind of content is in the post.

It will take a while to go through and retag everything so tags will be messed up for a while.

New! Now introducing tagging system for even more easier and better tagging!
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Mana

*raises his hand* What do we do with the Japanese titles? Do we continue tagging them as [日本語] or there should also be an English tag for them, like [Japanese], for example?

EDIT: I will avoid to change titles that I don't know or that I haven't played, so that I don't tag them the wrong way.

laplacian

Whats the difference between [Partial Eng] and [Incomplete] ?

Kureha

Incomplete means the game itself isn't complete, Demos would go under the Incomplete tag
[/url]

Kyaksa

Katawa Shoujo is an english Freeware... so... would it be a doujin game?

^^;;

Mana

Katawa Shoujo is an english Freeware... so... would it be a doujin game?

I don't see why it shouldn't be, besides "it's not Wapanese, lol!!!!111one".

Green_Tea

Kureha

[/url]

inferno_flamex

Quote:

[H-Game] Standard sex romp like Moero Down hill night.
[H-VN] Visual Novel with H-content

I think 'sex romps' like Moero and even Lilith should still be under [H-VN] there is minimal 'gaming' just like any other VN, and still mostly clicking and reading texts... Despite the amount of Videos and sexromps we see...

What should be considered as [H-Game] would be stuffs from Illusion... eg. Sexy Beach... Artificial Girl 3... even Ra**Lay... (censor it to avoid google... dont know what's safe or what's not nowadays)
The latest upcoming (at time of this post) Moero game sounds like it does deserve the [H-Game] tag however.. Since we'll be 'driving' the character like any other racing game...

Other games that should have [H-Game] imho that i could remember from the top of my head would be...

~Sengoku Rance.
~Raidy.
~Brave Soul.
~Men At Work! 4
~Tears to Tiara
~Utawarerumono
etc.

They have 'gaming' elements that not only require reading texts, but also tactical commands & maybe player movement through keyboard/mouse... the occational 'Level Up' and 'ATTACK!' screen commands... Actual 'games'... I doubt we need to gain EXP in a cave or dungeon on your average text-choice clicking VN.

//EDIT:
Although right now we have very little of these kinds of H-games... Someone could one day upload a 'non-sex-romp' game with good long storyline and romance, but with every much of an RPG... And still call it a VN.

Its gonna be a problem then. >_>

Green_Tea

wannabe japanese

But I thought Katawa Shoujo was wannabe Japanese? Oh but the art put me off. At least what I've seen of it. And the fanboyism by a friend. Disgusting.

Mana

Green_Tea

inferno_flamex

Does no one else think that labeling H-Game as 'sex romps' sound a bit funny?...

I mean.. Honestly, imho. I think that Sagara family is a great VN with a cute story... I dont really find it any 'romping' at all... In fact, i think its cute... Much cuter than other games such as Prison Battleship.

All im saying is that a term such as 'sex-romps' differ from users... What one person finds 'too much sex/easy sex scenes' , another mind find that its still 'normal/difficult'...

So basically its up to the user to think that its either a romp or not...

I believe that a tag should not be something so 'vague' that could be changed easily depending on how the user/uploader views the game...

Kureha

[/url]

inferno_flamex

Hmm.. no Kureha that's not what I really meant.. >_>

What im trying to say is that shouldn't tags be something more specifics?
Like imagine if you're going to be tagging this picture... A pink haired girl.

And lets say that you're going to tag her as [CUTE]... But what one person sees as cute; another could see it as [BEAUTIFUL]... Maybe someone else would caeegorize her as [SEXY]?... Or what if someone who hates pink haired girls tag her as [UGLY BEETCH]... >_>

That's what I meant by these tags being 'vague' and it entirely depends on the user or the uploader.

The most obvious thing to tag her is [PINK HAIR]... or maybe [LONG HAIR]... [BLUE EYES] also comes to mind. As these things are obvious and is true no matter from which standpoint you're from... or maybe [TSUNDERE], [IMOUTO] etc. if she is one.

Dont misunderstand me. I'm just voicing my opinion on the tag system and looking for a discussion in hopes of making it even more easily identifiable than it already is. If Im the only one that thinks of things this way then there's no point changing the meaning of the tags really...