News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[Light Novel] [English] Chrome Shelled Regios (CSR) Vol.18 & Vol.19

Started by greatanimefan, July 30, 2015, 10:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatanimefan

Hello Everyone!
I'm looking for translation of two short stories included in CSR Vol.18 and Vol.19. The short stories are located at the beginning of the book and I have uploaded their image below as attachments. It would be great if someone would post it here or let me know where I could find it.  ;D

Geckoey Lurker

I don't understand why the TLWiki people didn't translate those, it's like they just straight-out ignored them and didn't bother reading them. Well, I didn't find anything, granted I only looked around very quickly. I can translate them for you if you want, but there might be terminology imperfections or inaccuracies as I have NEVER read CSR before.

greatanimefan

I know, right? Its not first time I have encountered something like this. Although I've no right to complain, most translators ignore extras. But of course, I'll be extremely grateful if someone is willing to translate, and so I would like to make an informal translation request to you.

Regarding terminologies, I'm not aware of how its done, but I can surely survive some inaccuracies. And I think a transliteration will prove to be an excellent complement to it.

Geckoey Lurker

Gotcha, I'll work on it progressively whenever I have time to kill. No idea when I'll finish, could be in two days like it could be in a few months, lmao.
For now, I translated 5-6 lines, before heading to bed, just to make sure it's actually not above my level: 
「......ていうことがあったとさ」
"... and that's what apparently happened."

「はぁ」
"Haa..."

女王の私室だ。
The Queen's private quarters.

警護当番だったレイフォンは間抜けな声を漏らした。
Layfon, who was just on babysitting duty, let out a stupefied voice.

いつもなら同じ天剣授受者1のカナリス2が苦い顔で影武者していて、必要ないと追い返されるのだが、今日は本物がいて、こうして側に付き従っていないといけない。
On a normal day, the Bitter-faced Heaven's Blade Kanaris would be here playing body double for the Queen, and he'd just leave as he wouldn't really be needed, but today the real deal is here, forcing him to stick around.

そうして彼女の部屋でやることもなくお茶を飲んでいて、この写真を見つけたのだ。
And that's how, with nothing to do but drink tea in her room, that he came across this photo.

Reading ahead, these seem to be completely optional and might not add anything to the actual story? So I can see why the translators ignored them, but still.
P.S.: I'm unaware of the events that unfolded before this and of the characters' personalities, so, excuse me if using something like "babysitting duty" is too rash or something.

greatanimefan

Aarigato Gozaimasu, Senpai  :P
By chance, I ran into a translation of yours on this site. It was probably of last years where you were giving tips to an amateur. I think your translation was brilliant. So, I'm really glad you are taking up this translation. I'm absolutely cool with your progressive style. And I don't mind waiting a month or two for everything to finish, hehehe.

I can't imagine Layfon doing a babysitting duty, it would be hilarious! Now that you've begun tanslating, I would like to give a short gist of characters that were mentioned in above extract, I hope it clears some confusion. :D

Layfon is main protagonist. He is one of 12 Heaven's Blade Successor. Heaven's Blade are strongest 'Dites' (a kind of programmable weapons) granted by the Queen of Grendan (Alsherya alias Synola) to strongest 'Military Artists'. Military Artists have a special organ called Kei vein which allows them to 'Restore' dites into weapons using 'Kei'(analogous to 'Ki', 'Chi' or 'Prana'). Kanaris is another Heaven's blade successor, who is from royal family, who also acts as Queen's double. I guess, you are already aware of last part. You may come across Dite or Kei in further translation, so I took care to mention it.

Personalities:
Layfon Alseif: a genius when it comes to military arts, a dense character with respect to female relationships, polite, forgiving, can't say no when it comes to helping others. Well, you might call him a stereotype anime nice guy.

Queen Alsheyra: overpowered character, spoilt, impulsive, loves teasing others, constant desire for  amusement, serious during critical situations

Kanaris: loyal to Queen, does her job well; she hasn't been mentioned much, so I guess that's it for her.

If you have any further queries, regarding personalities or any other aspect, I'll be glad to share some more insight. Oh, if you like some action and sci-fi with a tinge of drama, I would love to recommend an anime of CSR (of course if you are into anime). ;D

Lastly, I must really apologise for such a long post, and also for a late reply.

Geckoey Lurker

I don't really think it was brilliant. Nvm that I kinda completely forgot about it until now... Sorry Dav. >_<

Oh, and don't worry about being late. Thanks for the explanations, I'll keep them in mind, although I'm tempted to make the narrator snarky as fk, guess I shouldn't, though. I'll adjust.

Between Visual Novels, other games (although there kinda is a drought atm) and real life, I barely take the time to read manga or LNs, so nevermind watching Animu, unless I find something that really pique my curiosity.

p.s.: Proof of laziness -> I've only done 5 other lines since last time.

Kureha

[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

greatanimefan

Well, I have to say, we are probably in the same boat. But I do wish I had the luxury of spending more time on my interests.

Learning Japanese is also in my to-do list. I feel it will be very convenient to understand LN and manga in depth. Maybe I could undertake small translation projects as well. But damn, its easier said than done. I wonder how much of 2000+ characters, I can cram into my brain.

greatanimefan

Kureha

It's been the same one since the forum first went online over half a decade ago.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]