| Release Dates : 2010-11-25 (Original) / 2011-11-23 (the Best)
Original Title: ダンガンロンパ希望の学園と絶望の高校生
Special high school students throughout Japan are transferred to Kibougamine Academy because they excel above all other students in a certain way. The protagonist, Naegi Makoto (excels in Luck) arrives on the first day of class only to fall unconscious after he steps through the gates. When he wakes up, he meets up with 14 other students who went through the same experience, and they find that all possible exits have been sealed shut.
The 15 are then informed by Monokuma, a black and white robot bear who appears to be behind the whole affair, that they are playing a game and the only way for them to leave the school is to "graduate". To do so, they must kill another student and get away with it. A trial will be held after a corpse is found, and if the culprit is found guilty, they will be executed and the game will continue. If they are found innocent, they will graduate and be able to leave, while the rest of the cast gets executed in their place...Game Downloads: Japanese
Pre-Patched to English
ISO (movies are tl'd)
If for some reason, the last (4th) part isn't showing up, here's the link to it
.Playing on PPSSPP:
I played through it on PPSSPP, and it worked near-perfect by changing a new setting in the ini file. Only tested the Japanese version on Windows.
It lags a little bit from time to time, but disabling Vertex Cache seems to fix most of it for me.
Brief, simply download one of the latest builds
Extract the files wherever you want, and open ppsspp.ini with any text editor, CTRL+F for " FramebuffersToMem " and if it isn't set to True, then set it to True.
I suggest also turning off VertexCache while you're at it, should help you from lagging a bit. That's it, you're ready to play.
The build I used was v0.8.1-269-gf51a675-windows (uploaded my folder here
There is another problem, the text will gets all gargled up pretty often with both the current line and the previous one(s), to avoid that either take no pause reading or when it won't stop being all screwed-up, simply press F2 to quick-save and it seems to clear that issue up temporarily. This seems to only happen with the English version, though.Translation Team:Project Zetsubou
I only took a quick look at the first 30-ish minutes of the game, but they seems to have done a really good job with it.English Patch:
Follow this POST
, considering the amount of uploads, I don't need to do it myself.Patching Instructions:
If you got yourself the Japanese ISO and aren't intending to play it in Japanese, then follow this POST
for patching instructions, or read the quote below.
Applying the patchEXTRAS:
- Copy the Danganronpa ISO to same folder as the patch files (or the other way around).
- Rename the ISO "Danganronpa.iso"
If file extensions are set to hidden, you might need to name it plain "Danganronpa" without the ".iso" part, since it should already have the proper extension.
- Double-click on "apply_patch.bat" and wait for it to finish. This can take several minutes to complete.
- It should output either "Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][Full].iso" (1.24 GB) or "Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][No Movies].iso" (1.20 GB) depending on which version of the patch you have.
- If you want, you can now verify your patched ISO against the hashes listed in the next section.
Windows (GUI Patcher, Courtesy of cixota)
- Download and extract http://thejbnet.com/progs/xgui/app/xdeltagui.zip
- Launch xdeltagui.exe
- Go to Settings -> Paths, and browse to the “xdelta3-3.0.6-win32.exe” included with the patch.
- Original file = original ISO file, and patch = .xdelta file. (The GUI might be unresponsive when you select the ISO file and when you patch the file).
Mac (Courtesy of Klee)
To patch xdelta files, you’ll have to download the xdelta program, which can be used through the Mac’s Terminal program (the equivalent of Window’s Command Prompt).
- Install Homebrew from http://mxcl.github.io/homebrew/
- Open Terminal and type “brew install xdelta”.
You may need to download Xcode for Homebrew to work, which is on the Mac OS install disc. If you can’t find it, you can also download the program from the Apple site.
Make sure you have the proper version of Xcode for your Mac OS! You can go to https://developer.apple.com/downloads/ and type in Xcode in the search box to the left, and then look for the right version.
- Put the original ISO (the Danganronpa game file) and patch files (the xdelta file downloaded from Project Zetsubou) into the same folder. In this example, the folder will be called “Patcher.”
- Navigate to that folder in Terminal using the cd command. The easiest way is to type cd, enter a space, and then drag the folder into the Terminal.
Format: cd (folder)
Example: cd /Users/Klee/Desktop/Patcher
- Type in the patch command into Terminal.
Format: xdelta3 -d -s "base" xdelta file source "location"
The “base” is the name of the original Danganronpa game file, while the “xdelta file source” is the name of the xdelta patch download. The location is whatever you want to name the finished, patched game file.
Example: xdelta3 -d -s "Danganronpa.iso" danganronpa-1.0-full.xdelta "Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][Full].iso"
If successful, a second game file should be created.
- The patch process does take a little while, and unfortunately Terminal doesn’t let you know when it finishes in an obvious manner. The easiest way to make sure is to check the file size of the game file (right-click, Get Info). It should stop increasing at around 1.24 GB for the full patch and 1.20 GB for the no-movies version.
Linux (Courtesy of Jen)
What you’ll want to do first, though is go into your terminal, and type in “sudo apt-get install xdelta3” (without quotes), then, when prompted, give it the okay with your administrative password – this will install xdelta3 without you needing to do anything else. Then, follow the rest of Klee’s command-line instructions. Also, any command-line folks that are having issues: check your quote placement and make sure that it’s exactly the same as Klee’s! That will always make the patch fail.
Untouched Danganronpa.iso (1,801,584,640 bytes)
Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][Full].iso (1,333,657,600 bytes)
Danganronpa [EN][v1.0][No Movies].iso (1,296,631,808 bytes)
Dangan Ronpa IF - (Contains Heavy Spoilers, only read after you have completed the game.)