News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[H-VN] Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-

Started by Geckoey Lurker, March 31, 2012, 04:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

No, I'm pretty sure it's meant to be like that for that one. Though I did get the characters positioned oddly alots of times.. (half off the screen, or could only see their arm coming from the side of the screen, etc) Didn't really bother me though.

Lashauk

Thanks for the fast response, it doesn't bother me too but oh well just checking XD

poporaaa

No, I'm pretty sure it's meant to be like that for that one. Though I did get the characters positioned oddly alots of times.. (half off the screen, or could only see their arm coming from the side of the screen, etc) Didn't really bother me though.

That's weird, I already play all the routes and never see this kind of problem =o

Geckoey Lurker

Odd, can't really say anything else about it. lol. Too lazy to look into it right now anyway.

Flash

I don't recall seeing bugs like that: but it has been almost 1/2 a year since I read this VN...  I still have its OST on my playlist.
[spoiler]
Asuho's route is pretty plain.  It is just what I would expect from a regular VN.  It was my first route and was good enough to keep me entertained.
Kosame's character is quite adorable.  As Komomo's is a prerequisite I expected a lot of overlapping of stories but Kosame is able to develop the plot further.
Isuzu imo has the weakest route.  Unlike Chinami she did not have an exceptionally strong sideplot to keep me reading.
Yume's route - if played by itself - imo can be a pretty weak route.  However it is able to outshine the others because i) it is well anticipated  ii) it ties in with some of the other routes.  The "start" where Asuho confessed, revealing Yume's name and awakening lost memories... the long awaited meeting... fate and Mare's intervention were rather touching and together weave a very powerful route.
A year later I still do not know if I can digest Mare's route: she is just a little too young.  At the same time, all the time spent with her and watching her develop over the course of all the routes built up a lot of emotional attachment to the character.
[/spoiler]

kai78

wondering if anyone encounter this bug...
the custom font tend to disappear from the list after the pc reboot (game reopen doesn't fix this)

the only solution i have is to reinstall the english patch everytime i reboot the pc, after that all proceed normally even i close the game

Geckoey Lurker

Well, I'll be the first one to "state" that it isn't happening here no matter how many times I reboot. The font stay no matter what.
Thanks anyhow.

Seipher

Hmm anyone else have a trouble with the skipping, just skipping everything instead of what you've read, no matter which option you have marked?

Geckoey Lurker

Seipher

Wonder if they will fix it, wonder if its just a simple fix or something more complex.

nebbie

Hmm anyone else have a trouble with the skipping, just skipping everything instead of what you've read, no matter which option you have marked?

I think it's an engine problem?  It does work for the new Yume scenes throughout the main portion of the game that pop up with each ending you accumulated.  Also it works for Yume route also.

My advice is just skip to the part where Komomo joins Tenkuru, the next scene should be the new route.

nebbie

I finally finished the game.  Just want to comment a few things about the game.

Overall, it was a pretty good VN, definitely recommend.  Story is pretty enjoyable, there are a lot of intriguing elements that keeps you pushing forward.  There are a lot of humor and most of the characters are pretty unique and fun.

While I am not really complaining the hard work that the fansubbers for this VN, it's obvious that there are certain parts that are very poorly edited(or none at all).  Most of the problems, you would find in the Chinami route.  The likability of the Chinami route aside,  I can sense that nobody wanted to edit/proofread it(incest contents probably).  I almost jumped out of my seat when there was a line that said something like "Mum loved Chinami's dad's cock".  And no, it wasn't a H-scene.  Base on the context, the translator just wanted to say "Mum loved Chinami's dad", pretty big difference if you ask me.  At that point, I really questioned if the rest of the translation was literally an April's Fool's joke.  Luckily, that wasn't the case since I was really looking forward to the Mystery Girl/Me-a(Mare) routes.  Overall, even with all the hiccups, majority of the translations are great and the glitches are almost always interpretable.

nubdog

Hmm to anyone having the movie OP prob i think u have to install the direct X When u first open the installer with daemon tools OR opt not to download the subbed OP when using english patch. (Or do both of them)

Geckoey Lurker

I'm pretty sure the skipping problem is with the Engine itself too.

@nebbie
I looked around a little bit and it seems the Translator didn't bother editing the 10 last scripts, also since their editor left the team.. doesn't help (3-Men Team, well, 2 now). They did a good job overall at least.

Seipher

Ah so Komomo joining is the end of the common route? That will help alot, thanks.